PF Big Brake Kit for Mk3

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Mark_RS, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Again, I know at least Jamie has a view that anything other than stock front discs without grooves is heresy but who here apart from Space Cadet has fitted the bigger, lighter brakes and can comment on them?

I'm going to do a complete swap with PF pads front and rear and new OEM rear discs also.

I'm assuming it's piss to swap the discs over and the rear is just 2 or 4 bolts to the rear beam to get them off. Worth shimming the rear at the same time?

2. I have them with PF pads. Can't comment on STD discs with uprated pads as didn't try any. Discs are couple of kilos lighter. Have to space out caliper with washers they give you (348 dia). My discs are cracked to f**k, can't work out another way of braking other than pressing on the pedal. They gave an excuse as to why they have done this, something about cold core temp, heavy braking. (Castle Combe). When hot , they click like Fu*k because of the 2 piece design ( on lock).

3. The weight saving got me excited (7.odd vs 10kg a side). So your PF discs are cracked?! Any issues otherwise and which pads? And they said that you were braking hard from cold? You sound well impressed.