[pedro0217] Hello from France, associating with Club Megane R.S. France

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by pedro0217, May 29, 2014.

1. Let me introduce myself.
    My name is Pierre, I come from France (excuse in advance for some potential mistakes with my English). I'm living in center of France, city of Clermont-Ferrand close to the famous Charade Track ! I'm 32 years old.
    I work for Michelin as tire designer. I'm in charge of semi-slick tireline : new Pilot Sport Cup2 ; and I'm in charge of some Original Equipment of carmakers, working specially for Ferrari, Porsche, and Renault Sport.
    My car is a Megane 3 R.S. Blue, equiped with 19 inch rim (steev), Sport Chassis, RS Monitor, Front Light of GT version, and VPagetech-engineering Exhaust.

I'm the President of Club Megane R.S. France (offical French club of our Megane R.S.) and I'm the administrator of french forum "meganers.fr"

I'm interested to share our passion all together, and if possible make a kind of relationship between our 2 clubs/forums.
    First idea to do it : with my club, we are building a big event for the 10th anniversary of Megane R.S. in September (6th-7th). Let me propose you to join us during this event (if you are available and if you can budget it). I think it could be a good opportunity to celebrate it with passionate people from everywhere !
    If modo/admin are agree, I'll open a topic dedicated to this subject.

Happy to be here. See you soon.

Here some picture of my car on track :

8132063228_456974987b_o.jpg

8132037863_6b750d4c3c_o.jpg

8132038511_abe9ba917a_o.jpg [/QUOTE]

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

That would be an awesome idea IMO! I'm up for a meet in France :smiley:

3. It could be great if some of you can come !
    Anniversary of our favorite car happens once every 10 years ! And I'm please to welcome passionate people from everywhere in Europ to share our passion during this event.

To give you just some first informations :
    This big meeting will be organized on Charade track. The idea is clearly to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Megane R.S.
    It's September 6th - 7th ; different options are possible : trackday or exhibitions on Saturday ; and touristic rally on Auvergne road on Sunday.
    Renault Sport and Michelin will be the most important sponsor of this event, with the participation of Laurent Hurgon, Vincent Bayle, may be Jean Ragnotti etc.
    Exhibitions are planed with Laurent Hurgon on new 275-Trophy, with Michelin with the new Pilot Sport Cup 2, with partership of our club, etc.

If some of you want to join us, it will be a real pleasure. And if you want some dedicate space on paddock to organize some static exhibition/presentation or your club/forum, it's completly possible, and I'm ready to help you to do that.

4. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

There's a group of us off to Le Mans on the 11th, plenty of Renaultsports driving down. I am up for the above though if it happens.

5. Well up for a trip over to france, roadtrip people?

6. Welcome. Nice idea with that trip.

7. I'd drive over to France for a big meg meet :smile:

8. I m interesting me too. If i dont go to Italy for another event, i will come. Can you please give more info on the track? Is this one?

[​IMG]
    Longueur totale du circuit : 3975 m
    63122 Saint Geres Champanelle
    04 73 29 52 95

i would like also the price for 235/40-18
    Pilot Sport Cup 2

9. Yes it's this track. On of the most beautifull track in France. His nickname is "the small Nurburgring" because of his relief, of his blind truns, and because of his landscape.
    length : 3975 meters
    width : 9 meters
    18 turns
    slope : 9% maxi
    Straight Line : 600 meters

But, look at this video, it present you a lap of Charade : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUBwtLhEKM

For 235/40 R18 PS Cup2 : I don't know the price. My job is to do the technical development of the tire, not the bussiness part... and the commercial launch of this dimension is on June 3rd, so I don't see any commercial prince anywhere for the moment... sorry

10. Welcome

11. Welcome :smile:

12. Bonjour Pedro welcome.

just curious what tyres do you have on your 19 inch steev alloys? :smile:

13. merci beaucoup.

14. On 19 inch rim, I have Michelin Pilot Super Sport. My 19 inch rim are for driving every days on open roads. That's why I have the "normal" sport tire of Michelin range, because this tire has a very good compromize between dry and wet surfaces.
    But I have 2 sets of 18 inch rim : one for winter tires (equiped with Michelin Pilot Alpin 3*) because I live in an aera with snow in winter. And the other set of 18 inch rim is for track days, and I will equiped it with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 (I'm waiting for the official commercial launch of the 235/40R18 PS Cup2. For the moment this set is equiped with Michelin Pilot Sport 2, the Original Equipment of Cup Chassis)

15. Welcome:smile: me and the better half would be up for a trip down , as its not far from where she lived for a few years.

16. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Welcome!!

Very nice car. I love that colour.

17. Thanks. Yes I love this color too. And it rare now, because there is not a lot produced before Renault stops offering this color !:cool:
    But, There is some mockery in France with the color of my car... because you probably know : it's exactly the same color as Megane RS of Highway Police dpt ("gendarmerie"):rolleyes: