250 Oil cooler

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mark_RS, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Doing the service next weekend and was contemplating fitting one at the same time...I've asked before but now I've heard that the HEL kit is shite from a friend in Europe who bought it (parts don't really fit together well). Any other options? Looking for a link to purchase a proper kit ideally with thermostatic plate.

Mounting wise, I was thinking near the washer bottle.

2. WTF make your mind up lol

3. It's one of those things that just stays in my brain as something to maybe do...can't shake it. Catch can is another such thing.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just buy the bits, Its all simple off the shelf stuff and cheaper than buying a "kit" that has substandard chinese parts in it.

5. Yeah but what bits? That's like saying 'yeah you want coilovers, just buy some stuff...sorted' :smile:

Mikeyjp likes this.
  6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

An oil cooler, Some lines, Thermostatic plate.
    Simples :tearsofjoy:

7. About as helpful as a blind personal shopper...

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

:weary::weary:

Ahahaha!

M20 Plate, 19 Row cooler and some lines to suit.

Thant better :tongueout:

9. Slightly :smile:

I want part numbers and everything!

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mocal do a plate, setrab for cooler and some lines. I've got all the bits sitting at home with some AN fittings just not bothered getting it on yet

11. I'm thinking of doing the same to the 265. It would be very helpful if there were some pics of the front end without the bumper.

This is my setup in the Clio 197.
    20170624_182843.jpg

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pax arch would be deal but my filter is there so gonna do on the top or the side of crash bar fc0f37017ce032e55fbca07f569de448.jpg

13. What’s the use of your car? If not 100% track car i would certainly advise against an oil cooler!

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

How so Artur?

15. @-Jamie- is there any space to install it on the right (in front of the water tank) or on the left side of the car? So if it needs more air, we can just remove the plastic on the bumper?

I've used a 19 row Mocal cooler with the plate including the thermostat on my Clio. Thinking about doing the same with 265 but haven't received the car yet neither have I seen much of the Megane pics with the bumper off the car.

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There may be but I have brake cooling ducting so unsure if I would be able to fit it there