Nice driving roads in the North of England & Scotland ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zoef, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Hello everyone,

In 2 weeks time i will travel through the UK. IMG_5617.JPG

I will arive in Harwich, travel to Faugh near Carlisle for 2 nights.
    From there i will go to Killin, just North of Glasgow/Loch Lomond, also for 2 nights.
    And from there I go to Delny, near Invergordon for a week.

I'm pretty familiar in the UK with my truck ( i'm a lorry driver ) and have visited the UK a few time's with my own car.

Maybe you can "show" me some roads/passes which are hard to find if your not familiar in the area,
    so Carlisle and Killin specialy.

Thanks for any tips. And the RSMegane stickers are on the car ( not on this picture )

Greeting from the Netherlands,

Martin

2. I live 1 mile away from faugh haha, I know some fairly good local roads

3. Maybe we can meet ? At least take a picture of our cars together maybe. I will stay in "the string of horses".

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What dates are you in Killin Martin? If i am off work i can maybe meet you somewhere as i live close

5. I will be in Killin from 12 july til 14 july. Would be nice to meet.

6. From 10 july til 12 july

7. If my car is back from the body shop I’ll definitely get some pictures of the cars together, and maybe go for a drive up hart side pass.

zoef likes this.
  8. That would be great. I can’t drive all day because my wife won’t like that but I would like to have a little tour around.

James265trophy likes this.
  9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Great, I should be off work and at home. If i cant manage to make it to meet you ill send you some nice roads that are not too far for you to drive :wink:

zoef likes this.
  10. Hartside pass is worth a look of you're up that way. Look for the A686 from Penrith (20 miles south of Carlisle) to Haydon Bridge. Enjoy,

zoef likes this.
  11. Thank you.

12. I'm not far from Hartside in Kendal if you want to arrange a little meet?!

zoef likes this.
  13. If there is time we can have a little meet/tour with James265trophy.