Newb in Northampton

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by adR26am, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hi all
    My wife and put a deposit on this car on saturday. We both love it, comfortable enough for her and enough speed to make me grin.
    Should hopefully be going to get it on Saturday or early next week. :smiley:
    Thanks
    Adam & (to an extent, shes not that interested in cars really) Amy

2. Hi Adam and Amy! Was it you on Pistonheads deciding between the R26 and the R32? Welcome to the club

3. Thanks Chris, yes that was me. Was it a members previous car anybody recognises?

4. I'm down the road in MK (When I'm in country).

5. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Welcome along

6. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

welcome to the site guys!

7. Welcome onboard, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you as I'm in Northampton to.

P.s. just seen the car ad and you've got the fastest colour too :blush:

8. Welcome to the Family enjoy your New baby

9. Thanks everyone.
    I have some 245/40/18 PS2s in the shed, will they fit when the time comes?

10. It's 235 standard fit on the R26. Not sure whether 245s will fit or not though.

11. They'll prob fit the rims, but you might as well sell them as second hand and buy 235's?

12. Meh, I've just had them laying about for a while. I got sent them in error and the seller never asked for them back, even though I told him.

13. Using the car's number, 3099, I've managed to track down it's original owner. Seems he had it for at least two years, maybe more. Somewhat baffled how it's picked up 5 owners since then, maybe I've bought a lemon. :eek:

14. Perhaps the dealers registered it in their names?

15. That's the trouble with the text check things. Just a number, no dates.
    It's had all four services (miles are only 47,000) and the two MOTs both have no advisories. The last service had one of those great long check lists with the red, amber and green boxes. All ticked green. The others are just stamps in a book.
    Searching the first owner's posts on another forum, the only problem I can find that he had was the mirror fell off.
    The only problems I could find with the car was a chip on the windscreen, one small kerb rash which the seller (a trader from home) said he would fix, and tiny bit of chipped paint inside the boot shut. Tyres weren't brilliant, probably 4mm tread, but with my wife's driving that could last quite a while. I don't think it's had a cambelt change, but by the 6 years/72,000 miles that would make it due in April next year.
    Never spent this sort of money on a car before. I'm more used to spending ~£1500, cacking it that I've bought a pup despite appearances.

16. I wouldn't worry mate. It'll be fine. Just enjoy the car!

17. lol, I'm a worrier by nature and this is a double jeopardy. If the car quickly develops a problem, that's my sex life gone for a month.
    If anyone knows about R26 #3099, let me know please. :smile:

18. Ha! You have my sympathies mate. Until you have a reason to worry don't worry!

19. I'm really looking forward to her face when she hits boost when she's driving. I reckon I can petrolheadize her.

20. It worked on my girlfriend!

21. Not mine. She's as happy in a 1.2! At least we don't fight for the keys

As for the number of owners, a lot were pre-reg to get a hefty discount, so could be the first owner was actually the second. Then you are talking about a car which for some is a hobby that they don't use so shift on. If everything checks out on the history and the last owner was 6 months+ I'd be fine with it.

22. You're the second one to say I've got the fastest colour lol I take it yours is Ultra Blue too? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

What's the best fuel to be using? I'm planning on V Power, I get a lot of Shell points through my work van and doing 50,000 miles a year.

23. Welcome mate... UB is the best colour lol :-@ use v power mate.

24. Deffo v power. Tesco momentum 99 also good but best to put a few tanks of v power through. I tend to do 1-2 v powers for every 2 tesco. Doesn't seem to like BP ultimate AMD avoid standard petrol like the plague!

25. As above stick with v power and Tesco 99 and you'll be fine. That was a very comprehensive test done by some of the most respected motor journalist's in the world and they all agreed Ultra blue is without a doubt the fastest. Apparently.

Although mine is currently more a browny bluey colour.

26. :confused: Let's have a butchers.

V Power it is then. I get about £10 worth of vouchers every few months so was the natural choice anyway.

27. I would post a pic but the detailers on here would lynch me. She's in need of a good clean, deep down there's a ultra blue beauty waiting to come out. Thanks to the permaguard paint treatment it doesn't take long :smile:

28. welcome along mate fair play for letting your better half drive the R26 , i wont let my other half near mine :smiley:

ultra blue was the fastest colour until i sold mine:wink:

29. Ahhh can't believe that went straight over my head, it's just dirty lol. I got my new work van at the beginning of June. Since then I've done 16,000 miles in it and haven't washed it once. :smiley:

She's a real careful and dawdly driver. I fully expect to see 35mpg on the trip computer every time I drive it after she's had it, which I will do my best to half.

30. Haha touche kev, although deep down I know you don't mean it. In over four years of ownership the wife has driven the meg twice I think. I'm like an over protective father!

31. Hi Adam I read your postings on piston heads too R26 vs R32 made the right choice.

32. Finally got the car yesterday after the bank mucked us around a bit. Not happy with them but the car is excellent.
    I just left one Astra VXR Nurburgring driver with a sad and confused look on his face on the dually. :wink:

33. Glad you finally got it mate wear abouts in the town are you?

34. Not in town as such, Roade village. You?
    If you see it on a weekday morning that will be Amy driving to work. She's still not used to it and a bit nervous.

35. Based in wootton mate, she'll soon learn and then you'll struggle to get the keys back! Tell her not to panic if a random guy in a matching car flashes :smile:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  36. My best mate lives in wooton so it's not uncommon for me to go round and see him. I won't be taking the van anymore, unless Amy's nicked the keys of course.

37. Welcome