New to the club

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by RB8, Jul 10, 2017.

1. RB8

RB8

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi i,v just registered, I live in Swansea South Wales, I drive an RS Megane RB8,
    Any local ish meets let me know, only use car in the summer so from September, car will be layed up,
    Pictures taken on one of the Brecon beacon roads where top gear test some of their cars.
    Martin

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Hi & welcome along Martin.

Feel free to post some pics up here of the RB8 mate.

3. Hi Martin, welcome!
    Very nice Rb8. Live in South Wales too, Llandarcy near Neath:grinning:. Looks like the black mountains in the pictures? Cracking roads.
    Had my liquid yellow RS for around 2 months now and love it so far, brilliant cars! Hope you're enjoying you're car.
    Chris

4. RB8

RB8

Hi Chris, I,m living just around the corner in jersey marine, small world,
    Yes could be the black mountains in the background, pictures taken yesterday afternoon
    We've had the RB8 for a year bought it after we sold our V6 had that for ten years
    Martin

5. That's mad, is a small world. Drive through jersey marine regularly on my way to fill up with vpower. Will keep an eye out for you.
    Wow, Clio v6 now that's quite a collectors example. What was it like to drive?
    If i see you i'll stop for a chat

6. RB8

RB8

V6 was a good car, I think the megane is a more all round car,
    I loved the V6 but I love the RB8 more, this time last week we we're at the nurburgring the megane beats the V6 in every department but the V6s are special cars, we sold ours with 15000 miles on it it always made me smile every time I opened the garage door, I didn't use it for the last few years we owned it,
    Wifes car laguna monaco GP coupe was wrapped in a really bright Matt Blue, taken that off now back to original white thinking of wrapping it Matt white.
    If you going through the village we're on the main road towards the end of the straight

7. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Welcome! Lovely looking motor that.

8. RB8

RB8

Thanks mate, Yours looking the part also

9. Shame you had to sell but like you said not practical to have a car parked up most of the time. Owned quite a few sports cars, Subaru's, focus RS mk2, honda fk2 type r and the megane RS is right up there for putting a big smile on you're face!
    Cool, would love to do the Nurburgring and definitely on my bucket list. What was the drive out there like?
    Will keep an eye out for you next time i'm driving through:grinning:

10. RB8

RB8

Yes will be good to have a get together, no5
    Nurburgring megane went fabulous 36 to the gallon driving like miss daisie lol,
    We go every year sometimes twice .
    Talk soon

11. Great, give you a message one day and meet up. Can talk me through the best way to do Nurburgring trip then. Definitely going to do that one year.
    You're RB8 standard? Mine was mapped by previous owner, also has ITG intake, H&R lowering springs and i have done the middle silencer delete mod. Goes very well.

12. RB8

RB8

Yes will be good to see you.
    Nurburgring thinking next year of taking in the Renault world series in spa the same trip.
    We can have a chat about that.
    Rb8 totally standard only thing I'd buy would be a titanium exhaust