New RenaultSport Megane

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Semtax, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Has the announcement been made yet ?

2. yeah....good news, new RS, 350bhp, 4wd and choice of manual or flappy paddle......

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Really?

4. nope ..

but if we put it out there it may become true

Dubz, MilosB and Gavin. like this.
  5. Will it be 5 door only? I hope not.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  6. Will it be 5 door only? I hope not.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

8. Come on Jamie, you're better than that... :fearscream:

I refuse to go on the atrocity that is facebook - so what's it all about?

evojkp likes this.
  9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Tbf I hadn't actually been on FB all day so hadn't seen anything [emoji23]

10. Renault need to get their shit together on this to make it stand out among the other great hatches on the market currently. Please do a good job of it guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigelo likes this.
  11. So nothing happened on the date stated. Lol. Kinda sums up RS. What a bunch. Put out teasers then don't follow through. Why even bother. Tits!!

nickfrog likes this.
  12. Apparently they call this marketing.

13. There was a video put up on on the date stated.
    Appears to be linked to the rebranding across Renaultsport.
    There were another few videos posted yesterday.

Interesting points - there looks like a silhouette of the current Megane (although it's too dark to see whether it's the new RS or not), and a clip of a tech looking at diagnostics of a road car.
    The other thing is the V8 engine in the original teaser. Why?

It is marketing, whether you like it or not, it gets people talking.
    It will be going somewhere, this teaser is just the start coinciding with F1 opening weekend.

14. There was a clip posted on the 21st.
    Someone with a similar username to you had comments about it deleted on Renaultsport forum.
    Why get so hot and bothered about something when you can't even be bothered looking for it?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. Yeah that is me on RS forum and I deleted comments as one comment did annoy me, but though better if it. I did look and there was nothing, so stating I can't be bothered, yeah okay buddy. Whatever. Why bother having a pop at me. Did I somehow offend your precious sense of loyalty to the Renault sport brand [emoji23]

16. It was more for you, and an attempt to protect you from looking silly next time.
    I saw the comments before you deleted them, calling someone a "£nob" in regards to a post about a marketing exercise.

The post was definitely made on the date stated, so you didn't look hard enough then threw toys out of the pram over a marketing ploy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  17. Forum ping pong. Having a pop again? Sorry buddy. If that's how you feel and need to protect folks on here good on you. Back on topic once you do one more witty reply please.

18. I've already posted on topic, your thoughts welcomed:

19. Using a post from earlier in the thread to support your argument. You clearly know what I was referring to.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  20. Calm down ladies

21. Lol. Have we got a photo of it yet?

22. I do think it's terrible expectation management by Renault about saying there will be an announcement on something and then nothing. Why use V8 imagery too ? There is nothing V8 about Renault. It's like Noddy does marketing.
    It's possible to like RS products while recognising that from a business pov Renault are just useless, which is not new. Ask the dealers what they think of the brand.

23. Dealers are muppets too the service is terrible whenever I use them. I always get someone else to service my Trophy for this reason. Their prices are also disproportionate to the level of service received.

L-1011 likes this.
  24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

52ccf5c9d67145c686e5a20b81b75e8b.png

It's coming

Semtax and Nigelo like this.
  25. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I can't find that on their Facebook page, what as the surprise?

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The Mk4 Megane RS

Gavin. likes this.
  27. i don't see anything :worried: :worried: :worried:

edit:

end of video, if it sounds like that :O

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  28. I'm excited wooo!

Yes hope it sounds that mean that is fat!

29. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

They'll reveal it at the Monaco GP like they did the RS16 and funnily enough....

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 17.01.33.png

30. So another two months until we see it? Urrrrgh....

I liked how Honda did it when they announced their new Type R with teasers as it keeps you excited along the way.

31. Definitely interesting. Looking forward to the eventual reveal. Exhaust sounds typical Akra....nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32. I can't help feeling this will be received the same way the mk4 Clio RS was.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just a little 'softer', and in terms of drivers cars, a little 'worse' in all areas. But will apparently appeal to a wider demographic, and hence sell more.

That's got to be what Renault are chasing - higher sales. How do you do that? Sell more into the market you have, or expand your market.

33. I hope not. That doesn't make sense as there is a hardcore number of buyers who want the best. Look at the golf gti clubsport for example. I think you may be right but I hope they don't lose their way...!

34. The Clubsport was a very limited edition though.

Renault are shifting their target market away from the UK and into other territories such as eastern Europe & Australia, so while they may well sell a lot less than before here, in total they are up on sales.

They aren't a charity and don't have any obligation to produce what we think is 'right' - they will chase sales and as a global brand that means making your product to appeal to the biggest group of potential purchases usually. We aren't those any longer.

35. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Take from this what you will, Luke (The Boosh) works for Renault. This is from the Cliosport.net new RS Megane thread.

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 00.29.39.png

Nigelo likes this.
  36. So does that mean it will be cool?[emoji41]

Gavin. likes this.
  37. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Time will tell!

38. I've just put a deposit down on one with my local dealer. No need to see it as I feel it will be a bit special. Worth a punt.

39. Is that deposit refundable in case its a bit shit?!

40. So based on the teaser this photo from Jan was legit?

Attached Files: