New member with Arctic White 265.

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Nicholas Weston, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Hi guys, been on here for a few months now and asked a few questions, but having finally got around to giving the car a good clean/polish/wax (got to love the weather in this country!!), I thought I'd post up a few photos.
    Got the car in August after looking for one for a few months. Saw it pop up online and had put a deposit down within an hour. It was exactly the spec I was after, a 265 with full leather, renaultsport monitor, cup chassis and the 18inch wheels.

When I went to collect it, I was very happy and surprised to see that it was pearlescent white. I didn't know up until that point that the there was an arctic white, just thought it was the normal Glacier one. Very very happy with the colour, especially with the contrasting black.

Having previously owned a Clio 200 with Recaros (and 182 a few years prior to that), I am very happy with the full leather. Extremely comfortable and definitely supportive enough. Loving the heated seats in the morning now too!

So far, I've had the air con re-gassed under warranty, the system was low and working too hard causing the lines to freeze and block. working great now through.
    Also had the boot mechanism changed as it was unlocking itself. Also, no issues now.

The car is currently standard, but will get remap at some point in the future. However, I have done a few cosmetic touches already -
    De-badged the 'Megane' bit on the boot.
    Black badges front and rear.
    Black wheel nut covers.
    New piece of plastic trim above the glove box which was scratched.
    New Renaultsport mats with red stitching and logo.
    New Renaultsport satin steel gear knob, makes the shift feel much nicer.
    New wipers blades all around.

I have booked the car in to have the wheels referred in a few weeks and am fitting new pads all round too as the current ones make a hell of noise when braking hard from high speed.

Thats is so far, but I'm sure there will be more to come. Thanks for reading, Nick. DSC04599.jpg DSC04600.jpg DSC04601.jpg DSC04602.jpg DSC04604.jpg DSC04603.jpg

2. welcome and a very nice spec indeed, exactly how i like a car White and black wheel, nice contrast.
    Vey clean indeed, whats the mileage?

3. Thanks, apart from stone chips on the front, it's been very well looked after.
    Mileage is 54k ish.

4. That's lovely. Another nice cosmetic mod is to get the interior lights switched for LED's. Makes for a much smarter interior.