New Megane Owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Redtuscan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Morning All, I have recently upgraded to a megane 250 (non cup) from a Clio 197 and i should have made the change sooner!! Is there any common problems to look out for? Tips and advice welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Speeding tickets [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Oh yes this car could dirty my clean licence!!

4. In 18 months of ownership I’ve just had to deal with the usual tyres, brakes and general servicing. They’re pretty reliable if maintained well. Keyless entry is sometimes temperamental, and the stereo is rubbish but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. After having a couple of rs clio's I thought it would be a good idea to go for the extended 3 year warranty, just in case it's a lemon!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. the meganesport mk2/3 has actually been a amazingly reliable car over the years,
    with many doing lots of hard track abuse,and still being reliable.

For the mk 3,only real common problems are gearbox mount bolt snapping
    ,and lower suspension joints failing early.

Engines seem very reliable,and will tune to 300hp with ease.

7. Sounds promising, what would be a good place to start tuning?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

8. just go for a stage 1 tune..you really dont need to mess with anything else.
    some chop out the center box,or add a induction kit..but it wont give you anymore power.

RS Tuning in Leeds is the biggest name in meganesport,with many years of experience.
    A stage 1 will give you a real boost in performance,and is certainly enough for most people,
    for road driving.

There are a few other tuners out there,but pick someone who has experience with Meganesport.
    Quite a few horror storys around, with badly developed maps, from various companys.