New-ish Member

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by LiamS77, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, I have been lurking on this forum for a while. Looking through build threads and drooling over some of the cars builds going on.

I currently own a Clio 182 which I use as a daily driver but it has seen better days. I also have a Mini GP which is my weekend car and lots of good fun. Unfortunately I am getting a bit fed up of running two cars and was looking at just having one, so was looking at a megane 265 to replace both of these cars. I would run the Mini everyday day but its just too focused.

Is there a “what to look for” guide when buying on the forum, carn’t seem to find it. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks Liam

PFA

4eb710d4139886a1afb7367f37399c27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Welcome! Love the mini. Future classic right there.

The Megane is fairly solid really. Suspension knocks can mean new ball joints or suspension links and I don't think cam belt is the cheapest, so worth getting one with plenty of life left. Only real issue I had was a boost sensor, but that was replaced under warranty.

I'd recommend holding out for one with some of the desirable options (Recaro, cup chassis etc). They feel more special in my bvie and will help when you come to sell.

3. The above info is all bang on.
    The 265 and earlier mk2`s like the R26 ,are very rugged cars,that soak up hard driving abuse.
    As mentioned,only real common issue is the ball joints,and gearbox mount bolts shearing...but very little else.

make sure you get a cup chassis,denoted by red brake calipers.
    cars with silver brembos dont have it.

18`s drive better than cars on 19`s.
    Recaros are a highly desired option.