R26 Nankang ns 2r

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Eggcakes, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Anyone got any longer range testing reviews on theese I've seen a lot of positive initial reviews I need 4 new tyres

2. I believe Steven878 has these fitted and does like them, but he does not do too many miles.
    Pm him.

3. I love them. I drive my car pretty hard and I'm yet to have any scary moments. They just grip. I wouldn't think twice about getting them again.

4. I need two new tyres but not sure how they'd mix with ps2's on the rear.

5. Martin(sunnylunn),ran 2 on the front at Spa,and reckoned they were excellent. I now have 2 on the front and will purchase 2 for the rears. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the 888 that i have used.

6. Im getting four soon sound good

7. I bought a set last month in the 180 compound, excellent in the dry, honestly do grip well once a bit of heat is in them!

I'v had RSR's on the clio with 15" wheels and coilovers which is a completely different car really so its hard to say if there better than RSR's
    I'd have to fit RSR's to the R26 and see the differance.
    They were alot cheaper than RSR's at the time tho, Think I paid £82 each!

When I bought my car it had budgets on the rear and very worn Contact Sport 3's on the front, I used to not have alot of confideance in the car when I first bought it and coming from the Clio it kind of put me off it.
    It used to spin and struggle to put the power down coming off from roundabout etc in the dry etc.
    But these have imporved it 10x better!

Wet I obviously don't push as hard but still yet to have a scary moment and a million times better than what I had before.

A few lads on Clio sport run them and rate them well, but one lad said in standing water they're a little scary, Im yet to come across any yet tho.

They wont be as good as 888's, A048 or the new AD08 but at £82 a corner I was willing to loose a bit of grip for the money!
    I bought a set for what it would cost for two of thos tyres above!

8. I would like to see back to back comparison for the RSR .

Anyone in Yorkshire have 4 Nankang and fancy an afternoon wheel swapping and testing ?

9. Pretty much the same as when I asked about cooksports not a bad word said lol I'm gonna struggle to not buy them now lol

10. I have them on the front of mine and they seem good so far!

Get a bit more road noise but that's the only downfall.

11. What tyres have you got on the back Karl?

12. I'm near Sheffield but might not be possible as I'm on 17" alloys with the Clio

13. At the moment some Falken FK-452, they got decent reviews when I bought them 2 years ago, rears still have plenty of tread left on them.

14. What size are they? 225/235? I'm debating getting these or michelin supersports for the front. Dont know if i'll get any issues with the diferant sizes?

15. I kept with 235's

You will be fine with 225's, a few on here run them and they are cheaper :smile:

16. awesome, how are you finding the tread wear rates?

17. Fernandez runs and sells them :smile:

18. Needing 2 x frt soon as my Michelin super cup ones are about gone