R26 N75 Issue ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Northants172, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Hi All

At the end of my tether on this one, so reaching out for some guidance / advice.
    Spec: Megane R26 (57 plate), 630cc Injectors, Stage 2 Map, Aitek Intercooler, Ikon Inlet & Boost Hoses, Single Mass Flywheel. New Crankshaft position sensor.

Issue: Check Injection / Check ESP coming on intermittently.

Scenario: Cold Start, warmup 10 mins. Hard Acceleration in all gears for 15 mins. Low Rev hard acceleration. No issues. Short cool down. Repeat and on first hard acceleration in 3rd gear at 4000rpm, pop and i get Check Injection come on with Check ESP remaining on and car enters limp mode.

Checks: Turn off, check all connections that can be accessed and restart. Carry on with immediate hard acceleration and no issues.

Question: Is the N75 a component that can trigger this issue? Can it work intermittently or is it a simple works or doesn't work component?

Performance otherwise is strong and was recently dyno'd without any map changes with 275bhp and 320ftlbs.

Or is this something completely unrelated. Close to giving up on this one, so any thoughts appreciated on what needs doing to sort this issue out hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Mikey4410 likes this.
  2. Check the pipe and jubilee clips between the two map sensors.that was my issue.the strengthening ring in the soft plastic pipe had collapsed and allowed air in and out the gap and limp mode insued.
    Replaced with solid alloy joiner cut in half and that cured it

3. Thanks Mikey.....will get it in and get that one looked at as well. Still curious as to whether the N75 could contribute to this issue....any advice appreciated

4. My 225 had a n75 issues. Car will drive fine and when planting it will go into limp mode and say check injection. Replaced N75 valve all issues was gone

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Michiel - all clear...that will need to be the next step for sure. Parts ordered and lets see what happens. Will keep you posted.

6. Still no joy here.

N75 changed....seemed to drive ok but low on power...

Then noticed a small air leak on the pipe between sensors. Changed for new and was again 100%....

Drove again and new message ‘electronic fault’ came on. Reset, then on next drive the dreaded Fuel Injection / ESP fault.

Such a shame, but sensing this is a never ending story.

Any ideas what I should change next... N75 and crank shaft sensor so far changed...

7. Update - All fixed. Another hose had a tiny split in it, causing another slight air leak which only caused an error under heavy acceleration. Car now runs incredibly. Smoother and noticeably more power. All hoses around N75 changed now.

Either way, now she is sorted, up for sale on ebay as I would like to move to a 250.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302808825832