My farewell :-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by odinson, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Well it's happened...my Megane is now with its new owner and I am now the proud owner of a 2011 sepang blue ttrs dsg. Little bit of a different route but the car will be going in a similar clubsport direction as the Megane.

Thanks for all the help and if anyone still needs any info or help with wheels hahaha give me a shout

https://flic.kr/p/YpoeNg

Nigelo likes this.
  2. Congrats on the new buy, I had a TT in mind and decided to go with 250 instead

3. Thats a shame. Did you not get an M3 recently or am i thinking of someone else?

TTRS looks very very nice though. Would be great to get an overview of it from someone thats had a RS Meg!

4. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

well that sold quick!

5. M3 is going tonight managed to sell both cars within 24hours so I'm a happy man

6. Very nice TTRS. I love those cars. Post a link to your build thread for this, would be fun to see how it develops.

7. Good luck with the new adventure. It's been good reading what you have done with your meg over the last while. Set a few folks on the slippery path following you.

As said above, post a link to your next build thread as I'm sure it will be as epic as the one on here.

8. Au revoir.

9. I sortve thought you'd already sold the megane? Confused lol! Is it all modded still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. My mate has a 2010 TTRS.
    It has a great engine that will map to silly power.
    Handling wise,its got grip,but you have to be patient to fire it out of corners to avoid the understeer.

Biggest problem he has found is the brakes..Fearsomely expensive poorly designed 2 piece front disks, with virtually no after market support for disks and pads.

Which pretty much restricts you to genuine audi at £800.

In the end i gave him carbotechs number,and they made him some XP8`s which has helped alot.

Audi did a optional big brake kit..but that cost as much as my R26 is worth!

No doubt some fettering, will sharpen up the handling though.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    odinson likes this.
  11. Sorry to hear you've sold the Megane Matt. Probably the best known MK3 in the UK and made me want a red one! The TT looks nice. A friend of mine has just bought one but not had a chance to have a good look over it. Bet it will go like a rocket by the time you've finished with it. That 5-pot lump sounds epic.

odinson likes this.
  12. Theres plenty of disc options now I've found multiple but tbh I'll just upgrade the whole set. Yer I get it won't be pointy like Megane but I think I'll sort her out a treat

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pads from the Megane will fit as well Matt, they share the same shape so your sorted for pad choice there at sensibke money

odinson likes this.
  14. Aw maaaan. :sweat:

odinson and lok101 like this.
  15. Variety is the spice and all that....... and the Audi will be a quality highway weapon but as a track machine, unless you still have the Clio for a grin, I reckon you will find the TT a bit lacking.

16. If you have..let me know from where..my mate would be interested.

odinson likes this.
  17. Will do I'm speaking to a few Germans who use theirs purley for track