MOT failure

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by brooksi23, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hi all

Just got back from the garage where my car has failed the MOT on front and rear discs and pads, they quoted me £175 for the front and £275 for the rear, does that sound about right?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Tom

2. Are they replacing with Renault items?

Ads on here sells them for;

Front discs £103.94 ea
    Front pads £61.78
    Rear discs £88.74 ea
    Rear pads 29.17

3. Sounds a bit light for OEM discs and pads all round , make sure theyre not fitting any old disc. As karl L states above but i think Renault recommend you replace the brake pins to the front which i think are £60 on top. Reckon it should be around £550 for the set all round.

4. I got front and rear drilled and grooved discs and pads for under. 300 and my pins came out without any issue

5. you don't have a link as to where you got them from do ya pal?

6. Mtec mate
    http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk
    i u have any 225 model the rear brakes have the 25mm hub bearing if u have the r26 175 or r26r it's the 30mm really good for the money

7. Not a huge amount of point in comparing non-OEM and OEM prices really; of course there will be cheaper options...

Personally I would replace with OEM, unless planning on regularly tracking, in which case I would look at suitable upgrades with better high-temperature performance. The upgraded stuff will invariably be more expensive than OEM, and both more expensive than non-OEM, but you get what you pay for...

8. i run cheap front disc brakes on mine now and that gets tracked often. 90 iirc for the front discs. 160 for rear

9. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

brembo hc front discs with gen pass. gen discs and pads for Tge back IMO.

10. Failed on discs and pads? What was the reason?