Mk3 steering wheel (+Mk2 calipers < bump)

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by trismotteram, Nov 21, 2013.

1. I bought a Mk3 steering wheel to have a see if it would fit a Mk2... It looks like it might actually fit but not ideally without a little modifying. And I'm sure you could re-wire the cruise control switches too. However I have now found myself needing the money back so I need to sell some bits before Christmas.
    It would make a nice upgrade for a Mk3 owner as it has clean white stitching, has all 3 'bezels' in silver, and is in practically mint condition (car only had a few thousand on the clock when it was removed). No airbag included but I'd personally prefer to re-use my own airbag or buy a new one when fitting a second hand wheel anyway.
    Pictures:
    wheel1.jpg wheel2.jpg
    Looking to just get back what I paid (less shipping) so £70 posted.

I also have a standard Mk1 wheel and airbag that has no rips or scuffs, a good clean would have looking mint, that I need shot of. £30 plus postage. Pics on request.

Also for all those who haven't yet checked I have dropped the price of my calipers to £100 posted for a full set, Brembos and rears, for either a Ph1 or a Ph2/R26/R26.r

2. What would need modifying to fit this on a mk2, apart from wiring?

3. Not sure, the Mk2 has an extra 'key' to the stem at the back which the Mk3 doesn't have... However since it has no 'key' one would presume it would simply fit on as the teeth inside the stem itself look identical.
    Unfortunately I dont have the tools etc to test fit.

4. Bump:

Price drop on the Mk3 steering wheel (no airbag) to £55 posted.

Ph1 wheel with airbag £40 posted.

Ph2 caliper set sold, so now just have Ph1 rears for £20 posted.

I also have some dash plastic trim pieces (all but the console fascia) but I will make an extra thread on that soon with pictures. :smile: