R26 Mixing tyres

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Cazper, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I am currently running R888Rs on the front and V70a on the rears....is anyone else using this combination? The khumos are lasting forever and was going to put AD08R on the rear after they wear out....just picked up 4 of them.
    The car is used 99%For track so interested in what others are using and any feedback. I have another 4 new R888rs which will be used for fronts.
    For rainy days I have a set of rainsport 3s...are there better wet tyres than these?

Any feedback is welcome

2. i use a pair of used slicks on the front with V70 on the rear, works really well, i did have a pair of PS cup 2 on the rear and they were also really good and lasted ages, rainsport 3 if its wet, for the price, not much better in the rain.

3. cheers matey, would be interested to see how the slicks are compared to my semi's. in your view do you think the ad08rs will be a good switch for the khumos when they wear out? will they still allow the same ease of rotation do you think?
    is it normal for the megane tyres to seem to last ages on the back? the khumos have done a lot of track days now and seem to be hanging in there.
    mine are medium compound

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  4. the AD08R are really good, prefer the v70 medium on mine, bit more slip with AD08R, great turn up and drive without the arg of swapping wheels over.The slicks are about the same as a decent semi, just loads cheaper, just picked up 2 on eBay for £50.

5. wow that would cut my costs by a significant amount, thanks for the feedback matey

6. 245/640/18 or thereabouts is what i use on the front, medium if possible.

7. wil they fit the std rims?

8. 245-645/18 Front would these work?