Mikeyjp's Megane 250 - Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mikeyjp, Feb 16, 2017.

1. I have recently changed jobs, and my local has gone from Shell too Esso. Luckily they do the Supreme, can not really say i have filled up with Esso, let alone Supreme and it seems pretty good, it seems too pop and bang more now as well :smile:

2. Gave her a quick was today, and topped up the Cancoat with some Fireball Ultimate wax, really quick handy stuff, just spray on, wipe off. Still impressed with the Cancoat too, still holding on strong 6 months later

Vernon likes this.
  3. Car written off, will update when I am out of hospital

4. Oh no! Hope you are okay and aren't too badly hurt.

5. Hope this is not the one that was pictured on fudbook the other day that the occupants had to be cut from....

Wish you the best on your recovery

6. Yea same hope you are on the mend and not to badly hurt.

7. That doesn't sound good. Get well soon mate.

8. Yes I believe this was the OG one with the roof cut off that was doing the rounds on FB a few days ago. Hope the guys ok.

9. Haven't seen the pics but sounds like a bad one. Glad everyone is ok. Cars can be replaced. Bodies can't

10. hope your ok mate.

11. Gave it a quick Polish, but still could not get them scratches out... :tongueout:

Zh0sa01.jpg

8DRQWZz.jpg

12. Christ you've done a good job on that. What happened then?

jimmy likes this.
  13. Lost the back end, and went to a van coming the other way. All i can remember is backend coming out

14. Hi Mike
    You are one lucky person, wow that was a job well done, i really hope you are okay and aren't to badly injured. OMG

15. Oh wow that is scary!! Really glad you’re not too badly hurt.

16. Lordy! You're a lucky boy!

17. OMG that looks scarey.
    I hope you're ok.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

18. Sh1t the bed that is a bad one, glad to here you are still here to tell the story! Soooo how much for the 18's lol.

Will you be buying another meg?

19. Yea looking for a Meg as we speak, hard finding a "Full Fat" like i had

20. Hope that you're ok and out of hospital!
    Even without the roof being cut off - the car has took some impact!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery fella, and good luck with the search for the new car.

21. Fucking hell, saw this doing the rounds on Facebook. Glad your ok mate, very lucky!

22. That is a hell of a crash, Glad you are safe and sound, amazing how safe those cars are to protect the occupants in situation like this.

23. mluZwbs.jpg

Nigelo likes this.
  24. Bloody hell. That looks painful. Will it fully heal up with no ill effects for the future?

How's the hunt going for a replacement?

25. Goodness me, Have you got a broche in your arm? that does look painfull

26. I am not completely sure what repair work they did in my arm, i had a bad reaction to Morphine, and was out for the count after the Op, I stopped taking painkillers about two days ago, i would sooner know what its doing, and i am trying to exercise it, so want to know its limits.

I have my eye on about 3 cars, just waiting for insurance, as i told them stick £7500 up their arse

Si271 likes this.
  27. Sounds like they are trying to wedge book figure into you. idiots.

Hope you get what it is worth!

28. no police action then?
    how was the guy in the van??

29. Police sent me a letter saying they are still investigating, they have not spoken to me since the crash. Guy in the van was ok as far as i know, he got out and was walking about. Van driver has made no contact with my insurance company though, which seems odd.

30. yes it does..i wonder if he was insured?
    Thats a major crash,thank fk you are ok..thats defo several of your 9 lives gone!
    Just goes to show how good the crash protection is on the megane.
    When i slid my impreza on a muddy gate entrance on a back road into a pillar,it took me quite a while before i wanted to own a nice car again.I was lucky,as it was a side impact, drivers door,right on the corner of the post.
    Pushed the door right in,and bent the steering wheel round my hand with a 30mph impact!
    Could just free my hand,and climb out the passengers window with no injuries..increadibly lucky.

because it hit the fkn post side on,it bent the car a foot out of line!
    If i had hit anything else it would have just been panel damage..but thats how it goes.

Hope that arms ok..thats a fk load of staples.

Nigelo likes this.
  31. Looks like i am off on a driver's awareness course then, the Police have sent me a letter, and have done me for driving without due care and attention. So that's quite good news really :smile:

32. Christ alive, that's a lucky escape. Your arm looks savage man, but it could have been worse I suppose!

Did you roll it or anything, normally the roofs on those meganes are solid AF!

33. Hi, nope no rolling i am glad to say :tongueout:. The roof was cut off so they could lift me out on a board. Arm looks much better now, even the scaring is not that easy to spot, just have to be really careful what i am lifting now