1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you joined our Facebook group yet?

Mikey4410 2008 R26 F1 black

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mikey4410, Aug 9, 2017.

1. RMDavis

RMDavis

Car:
    Megane R26
    What's the valve like to replace bud? It looks bloody snug in there!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  2. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Haha yeah tiz a bit tricky to get to i wont lie to you.theres easyier jobs to get to

RMDavis likes this.
  3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Car:
    Megane R26
    Mikey4410 likes this.
  4. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Very easy tbh.all accessible.
    You need to remove bumper, crashbar,and intercooler only.
    I would say its around a 3/10 difficulty.

5. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

So after saving up for a lil while and looking into intercoolers after andy told me about intake temps being a little high on dyno / remap looked at (chinese ones,airtec,pro alloy etc etc) i made a decision and went for a proper one that there is no doubt works. I have to say its a work of art,the welds on it are 10/10 good,its just gorjus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Uno, Si271 and RMDavis like this.
  6. Si271

Si271

I have to agree! It's a work of art! I have one fitted too, and it certainly does the job!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  7. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

After removing the panelling in the engine bay i have found that the coolant/expansion tank has some fracturing to it and could let go at any point once coolant systems up to temp.

[​IMG]

............ so i have ordered a new genuine one from renault which comes in at a tickle under £60.

Trophyboy likes this.
  8. matt e

Car:
    Megane R26
  9. Trophyboy

Trophyboy

Car:
    225 Trophy
    That's the same one I ordered Matt

Does the job for £20 20170923_145433.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

matt e likes this.
  10. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

So as a said i ordered a new coolant tank / expansion tank from renault and collected it today after work along with a litre of red coolant.
    First thing i did was just prob the engine up and secure it with the jack that the car comes with.only jacked it up like 2mm just enough to take the load of the engine so it doesnt drop.

I was surprised just how easy it was to replace the tank after removing the engine mount. Took about 30 mins start to finish and to finish just topped up the new tank/bottle with new coolant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trophyboy and knowledgeflyer60 like this.
  11. matt e

Car:
    Megane R26
    @Mikey4410 how does the aircon pump split down?

12. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Its easily done.theres a link above.

13. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Today was a very productive day.
    Firstly i had new front tyres fitted because they were knackered. I went for avon zz5s as this would mean i had a fully matching set and also i cant find a bad word about them on online reviews,the new front pair where £216 fitted.

[​IMG]

Next up i have decided to get the front and rear renault badges and side bullets sprayed jet black.I shall also be getting door handles done and wing mirrors in time when i aint so skint.They look infinitly better now the bits that have been done.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I managed to fit the last gauge i wanted in the car which is a temp gauge that i will eventually wire up to the engine somewhere most probably the intercooler.
    Also i managed to re-fit the clock in the stereo blank as i missed having a clock and external temp .

[​IMG]

And lastly a few weeks back i fitted ferodo ds2500s up front for MUCH better braking.

Paul21 and Si271 like this.
  14. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Yesterday my wing mirror casings arrived so today i fitted them.looked up online how to fit them and it said to remove the glass and then get at the clips which was bang on and easy to do.i think it looks so much better.very happy with them and now just the door handles to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got round to doing the steering wheel today also. I removed what was left of the old stitching and for now i replaced the red strip with a piece of tape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jamesycc likes this.
  15. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Finally installed the temp probe,decided easiest and most sensible position was the thermostat housing.

[​IMG]

My handles are now black also and i am so happy with them........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jamesycc likes this.
  16. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

My mate was talking to me this morning about pollen filters and his mate removed his one and it was absolutley black and covered in debris,so i thought ohh ok i might check mine for a laugh.
    ...turns out it needed replacing real badly.below pic is old and new.

[​IMG]

17. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

Today i got round to bleeding the clutch as unbeknown to me the clutch is hydraulic and also forks of the brake fluid reservoir.Had to buy more typ200 fluid at £22 to use less than a bloody quarter of it but ohh well needed to be done. I bled it and sure enough it was absolutley jet black and horrific looking !!

I got round to finally removing all traces of the battery tray which i have been meaning to do for 4 months, before doing the above (battery has been in boot for 4 months).Looks very good in there now and most importantly made it sooo easy to bleed clutch.

I added a v shaped bit of foam along top of dash board to cure the annoying dash vibrations the meganes are famed for.

I have brand new car matts which i have chucked in today also.

Si271 likes this.
  18. Mikey4410

Mikey4410

[​IMG]

In the pic above i had removed air filter ,ecu etc to access removing battery tray.