275 Megane RS Brake upgrade choices

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by RobbieR, Jul 4, 2018.

1. So after 14,000 miles, 15 track days and 1 and half sets of OEM Brake pads my RS275 Cup has finally warped one of the front rotors a little....(minor shuddering front right under brakes).

What to do!?

Option 1: machine the rotors + get uprated pads fitted and maybe braided lines (noting I’ve never really had any brake fade issues to date so not sold on braided lines).

Option 2: go all out and get PFC 2 piece rotors and updated pads plus braided lines.

Last Question - how long do OEM Brembo rotors last anyway?

They feel perfectly smooth with no lip, so assume I could machine them easily and get use of a full set of track pads?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilosB likes this.
  2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Stock spec discs and a better pad compound is more than upto the task

3. So youve got 15 trackdays out of a set of front discs? Just do as Jamie said, get some plain new discs & uprate the pads. A lot of people rate the PFC 'z' pad. I have no experience of it ,but I'm sure plenty of people rate it.

4. You say there is no lip on there aswell?

RobbieR likes this.
  5. Yeah the stock discs seemed fine when I looked at them?

The cars only done 14,000 miles from when I bought it new and I have replaced the pads once (to OEM ones again). I’m thinking I can just machine them?

6. Check the thicknes. 26mm is the specified low. But I wpuld comfortably machine them to that thickness if needed and then start with a new pad set.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

RobbieR likes this.
  7. DBA now do a larger two-piece rotor. Give RenoTech a call or message.

RobbieR likes this.
  8. Dook, I did look at the new kit but tbh the weight of it puts me off. They state it’s about 200g heavier than the stock rotors but about 900grams more than the 350mm of the trophy R, with the extra weight apparently due to the size increase and the hat is a bit heavier so it can hold the serviceability of it.

Where as the PFC, which is still 350mm is lighter than the the Trophy R 350mm ones, so we are talking about a kg lighter of unsprung weight over the Renotech kit.

9. Do you think you’d be able to notice a kilo difference when there’s 50kgs of unsprung weight?

I was advised that the difference was 300 grams over the Trophy R 350mm ones.

10. Well to be honest probably not, and under that mantra I guess you wouldn’t notice the 10mm larger disc over the Trophy R either. But if you’re going to change it, seems silly to go heavier?

I took those weights off the fb discussion tread on their product which they posted, they might have updated them since however.