Megane R26 Black £4200

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by xstian, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Its a 2007 car and the mileage is just about to hit 89,000. It's just passed its MOT today.

Its just had front and rear Brembo disc's and EBC yellow stuff pads (pads not bedded in yet) and the swivel bearings on both side have been replaced at the same time.

In the last year I've had both front wishbones polybushed and new ball joints fitted. New off side drive shaft and all the engine mounts have been replaced. The gearbox oil has been changed and a new ITG re usable air filter fitted. I also had all the belts and water pump changed at Engine Dynamics last year about 5,000 miles ago. So that's pretty much all the common faults with these fixed with in the last year. I also have a spare window regulator, although the windows work fine, the passenger one doesn't auto close, so I suspect someone has fitted a cheap regulator in there at some point.

The car it self is in average condition for its age, but being black it's not very forgiving. That said there is nothing wrong with the bodywork just the odd trolley dink and mark as you would expect at this age. The air con and climate works fine, I had it re-gassed last year along with the wheel alignment, although I would do that again after changing the swivel bearing. It also has Xenons fitted. The steering wheel has been recovered by Royal Steering Wheels with Nappa leather because the red stitching at the top had worn on the old one, I still have that. I also modified the gear selector to give it a short shift, an easy mod from the forum

The car drives well. I replaced the rear tires with uniroyal Rainsports last year. The fronts have good tread but they are a cheap brand fitted to the car before I bought it. I was going to replace them once worn out.

I now need a car with a towbar, I've tried to get one for this but I've had no luck. If anyone has one let me know.

I think thats about it, I'm on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, any questions fire away.

£4200

Christian.

2. IMG_20180712_141339[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141339[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141351[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141358[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141408[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141420[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141509[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141544[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141632[1].jpg IMG_20180712_141528[1].jpg

3. I've just had a quick look through my receipts and I forgot to mention the spark plugs where also changed July last year

I've just totaled up the receipts for the last 12 mouths and I've spent £1500 on parts alone. The car really needs nothing doing other than the front tires, which still have plenty of life in them. When I bought the car every one I looked needed work, either belts, suspension work or both. They seem to have fallen into that cheap to buy expensive to maintain bracket, so suffer with neglect.

I've not had any interest so it would be good to have some feedback on the car, before I get messed about by idiots on Ebay.

4. Pop it on

Autotrader
    Pistonheads.

eBay/gumtree can be a real ass.

Car imo is priced about right, looks nice.

Just be patient:smile:

5. This is still for sale. I'm open to sensible offers.

6. Pretty sure there was a tow bar for sale on here in the last month?

7. I've had zero interest in this car. No viewing and just stupid offers from eBay.

Ive got a replacement so just want to get the car gone. So price drop to £3500 but no offers. This makes it the cheapest R26 for sale at the moment and a real bargain.

No offers

8. I gave the car a wash and a clean today and been out for a bit of a drive. It drives really well now the swivel bearings have been done and the brakes are bedded in. Its good fun.

Attached Files: