Megane R26/225 uprated fuel pump options

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Danith, May 13, 2017.

1. Love and appreciate all you've done looking into this! ...now this Bosch 0580454002 pump and housing assembly... was this from a Phase 1 or Phase 2 ?

2. Love and appreciate all you've done looking into this! ...now this Bosch 0580454002 pump and housing assembly... was this from a Phase 1 or Phase 2 ?

3. Phase 1.

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Bought a sender from a 1.6 to see how it comes apart and it has the exact Bosch pump and FPR as a 225 as quoted as above

The colour of the petrol still in the body of the was absolutely black bba90100db8b1bad9381c0c46323a732.jpg 23aa6530e20af751912580bb87623a64.jpg 954b7b1f96009e18d9c94fb12d3753ee.jpg 5fcc70cc923752e5b4b50e9e5edaa2cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Identical. Bet a 1.6 one is about 35p to buy new as well!

SiMonster likes this.
  6. I've seen a lot of talk about fuel pumps going and causing problems on the mk2 but no real definitive answer to what to replace the oem pump with, I was just wondering if I could just buy this..

c18ff04aa156b3dd221079adea154482.jpg

And fit it?
    I've seen the warlbo pump fits but then someone said it didn't lol

Thanks Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. matt e

im going to fit a DW65C to mine when i get round to it

@ewant81 has one fitted i think

8. I changed my fuel pump yesterday for the DW65c one, the original one has now done 124k miles and no problem so after reading experiences on here decided it was worth changing.
    Do you need to use the supplied wiring as it is thicker or will the original wiring be okay ????

matt e likes this.
  9. I had a separate line from the battery fitted, and got the feed for the relay under the passenger seat. The wiring inside the pump body I used the old stuff.

matt e likes this.
  10. Potentially the higher pressure pumps, the dw65c, can pull more current than the OEM pump. There has been one case many years ago where someone with a Walbro fried the fuel pump fuse on the UPC which also fried the UPC. It's really a personal choice whether you run a direct, fused line from the battery, but I didn't want to worry about the UPC getting damaged.

matt e likes this.
  11. Okay, this wont be a problem for me to do as my battery is in the boot :sunglasses:

matt e likes this.
  12. Make sure you run a relay off the old wiring so that if the car is in a crash the ECU can cut the power to the fuel pump [emoji846]

matt e likes this.
  13. Will do, that is the easy bit, could also put a separate switch in to isolate the pump so it can't be driven away if it gets thieved

ewant81 likes this.
  14. matt e

did you take any pictures ian?

15. No I didn't but don't worry it's easy, my biggest problem was undoing the big ring that holds the whole unit in, i was determined not to by another retaining ring, i am sure mine has never been undone.
    taking the bottom off is a tap off and not trying to unscrew like i tried :hushed:

16. matt e

i bought a spare to see its howq comes apart but the bottom part of the filter the plastic was so brittle it cracked. the oe has a spacer on doesn't it? did you reuse the that on the dw65c?

thought the gasket on the retaining ring has to be replaced after to taken off the ring.

need to read up on relays, what amp would you need and how many pins?

17. I was very careful and got mine apart okay, Basically the only thing i used in the kit was the pump, i reused the top and bottom rubbers off the old pump (in and out points) the bottom one isn't round as there is a locating bit on it, the electrical plug is a direct fit, the big O ring can be used again, well i did :smiley: leave the O ring out, put the unit back in and locate the peg at about 10 o'clock sitting in the boot, push down on the unit till it bottoms out and then let it up slightly, with the other hand put the O ring in the gap and now feed the retaining on, once the ring is there it can't go anywhere, then tighten.

As for a relay, a 30/40 amp four pin Like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Autom...411991&hash=item41a938f870:g:mLkAAOSwFJBZVgiC although this is a 5 pin it doesn't matter, Pins 85 and 86 are for earth and original pump supply pin 87 to the fuse and then to the battery and pin 30 to the pump.

18. matt e

something let that then?

Fuel.png

ianplymouth likes this.
  19. :laughing::laughing::laughing: something like that, now put the numbers on to see if you can them in the right position

20. matt e

Capture.JPG

21. Daz

Daz

I'm confused - someone's going to be doing this for beer money for me.

matt e likes this.
  22. I’m sure I read that the wiring loom for the pump was a call back from Renault and was rectified via a new uprated harness and some got replaced and some didn’t..

23. How can i find out if it was replaced by previous owners?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

24. matt e

new loom all the way back to the UCH?

@rTEM how the car coming along or is it done?

25. @matt e waiting to for a solution for the fuel system and saving for it. I have the 250 turbo and cgr downpipe on the shelf. Will get all done in one go

26. Btw rstuning is working on cost effective solution, sure u saw it on fb @matt e

ewant81 likes this.
  27. @matt e take a look on fb I tagged you in the comments on meganesport about the wiring [emoji1303]

matt e likes this.
  28. matt e

cost £65 for the loom

29. Yeahh but there’s a possibility you have the newer loom? Although I have no idea how you tell

30. matt e

nah nor do i lol

suppose if you wire it yourself with thicker wire then you know for sure it should be 'ok'

31. mine is all in and working great, will give it a good try out on Friday to Wednesday, as i will probably use about 500ltrs of fuel :dizzy:

32. Have you got a new pump Ian?

33. matt e

@iiPaul

iiPaul likes this.
  34. Anyone got a lead on this fuel pressure regulator - Pieburg 7.28068.00 ... I can't find anythin gon eBay or Google...
    searching Renault/Megane 3.5 bar fpr shows a similar item but with another hose section coming perpendicular out of the top which the two examples above don't have. :nomouth:

35. What do you need it for?

36. Trying to get a price to see if cheaper to buy an assembly entirely or swap in a new pump and regulator.

37. Why would you need a new regulator?

Also don't forget the fuel filter is in the sender aswell :wink:

38. Yes all in and working fine, but won't go into anything else further at the moment :openmouth:

39. Just posting to see if anyone else has noticed this...
    After replacing my fuel pump last year (after the MOT) my car has been running quite rich. It was a bit of a struggle to get past the MOT this year.
    Took it to GI motorsport for a run on the rolling road and although they couldn't plot the afr, said it was on the safe side.

Anyone else had any experience with this? Think I might need to get it remapped, but I really need to get a swirl pot fitted [emoji53]