Megane 3 RS 275 Trophy-CS

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by iPod, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Hi everybody,

After many long years (way too long...), I'm back with a Megane 3 RS 275 Trophy.

I used to be very active on forums and europeans tracks with a multitude of Renault Sport, but especially my Clio 3 RS Turbo, which wasn't really common ... a few years ago !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today Im back with a 2015 Megane 3 RS 275 Trophy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car is only going to be used for pleasure and track days, so I had to make some modifications to it !

First of all, I equipped it with a 30A Lithium battery and its homemade support, thanks to GT Performance in France, 18kg lost, just by changing the battery !!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then replaced the superb, but very heavy, OEM Recaro by the Pole Position model with Aluminium Trophy-R Like frames thanks to Chorba Motorsport (people who made the 700hp Megane...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition to this, the removal of soundproofing, rear wiper and various accessories, allowed me to gain exactly 82 kg .

[​IMG]

Of course I have other projects and I hope I can lose another 10kg while remaining "soft". Next step, I need to install a GT Performance Sport Cat, not looking forward to that !!!

[​IMG]

Looking forward to share what's coming !

Jimbob 2705, Gray, trickmansa and 3 others like this.
  2. Cars look great :smiley:, Nice bit of work done to this one already

3. Off to a great start. How much was the battery?

4. This is gonna be fun to follow!

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This should be good! What sound deadening did you actually remove?

6. How much weight difference is there between the cs recaro and the pole positions

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

A lot, IIRC the CS with mounts are near 35/40kgs each if i recall from shipping mine, PP's with lightweight mounts will be around a quarter of that

8. That's good to know, so I can lose 50kg from the seats and 18kg if I fit one of these lithium batteries. There only £100 for the battery but with it being a weekend car I'm not sure it would start, the battery is designed for atv vehicles

9. Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply !

So first of all, the Recaro Sportster with their frame and plastics (excluding the rails) is 24kg. The Pole Position with the leather/suede finish and its aluminium frame (excluding the rails) is 10kg so I saved 28kg just with the front seats.

The lithium battery I paid £290 for both battery and charger. Skyrich are used by Ducati as OEM batteries, they are great lithium batteries. The 18kg I saved is only because I had a late Megane with S&S. The older ones with the smaller batteries will only save between 13-14kg I think.

Concerning the sound deadening I removed what’s under the center console, what’s under the seats and what’s behind. I want to remove some of the sound deadening behind the dashboard as well but that’s going to be a real pain... !!

10. Does it have a number on your battery so I can look at getting one.