Megane 250 ktr induction kit

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Zs_phil, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Anyone got a ktr induction kit on here yet
    wonder what there like

http://youtu.be/dwbtcVXMho4

£200 and doesnt look to bad ,could one attach a group A filter to it

2. Was toying with the idea of getting one. My car is loud enough at the moment though!

3. Certainly sounds well, is it the ITG induction kit?

4. The meg 250 box is well designed. Nobody other than Ktec really bother making them as the gains are either too small , or actually reduce the power.

5. But this in design is very similar to the Injen setup, im sure I've read a few French owners have proven dyno gains with it fitted.

6. gains of upto 11bhp claimed which isnt too bad

7. I will ordering one of these today. I will let everyone know what it is like once fitted!!

8. Claimed*

9. Thanks nath will you get a video up

10. Just placed order. Will get a vid up ASAP.

11. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think this will turn out to be a £200 noisemaker.

All testing in the past by other manufacturers has come to the same conclusion that the OEM system can't be improved upon.

12. Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  13. When a reputable manufacturer or tuner can provide proof of gains from an induction kit for the mk3 RS then I'll be convinced.

I have emailed Ktec, ITG and K&N requesting proof of these alleged gains, the response was that no data was available.

It would seem that the Renaultsport R&D team earned their bread and butter with the OEM system.

14. I'm happy to give it a try. Even if it does just improve the intake sound I will be happy (i think).

15. Im not fussed about any extra gains to be honest ,want to hear the sound of it in the car driving
    cant beat a bit of induction
    the mk2 focus rs has some great mods available and some of them sound great with the group A filters
    about time the 3rs started to have a few mods available

16. This is how I feel. My mate has a mk2 frs and the induction noise is awesome even when just driving normally.

I currently have a pipercross panel filter at the moment and it did slightly improve the sound. Looking forward to getting this fitted now!

17. Make up your own like the itg home made induction kit, thats what i may look too evetually, but just using ram air filter, with all the bits should cost no more then £50

18. Well I fitted the kit tonight. What a pig to get the battery tray out! Rest of it was relatively simple.

As for the sound I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment.

I thought it would give a more throaty sound, but when I floored the car all I could hear was air being sucked in. And it's pretty loud.

Did I get the wrong end of the stick as to what to expect? Will it change with time as the filter gets dirty?

19. If it's anything like the R26 then no. Mines been on a couple of years and just sounds like it's sucking the road in lol.

20. That was quick nath delivery and fitting

is it loud inside the cab ,get some vids up when you can

21. Very quick delivery. I wasn't going to fit it until tomorrow because I didn't get back from the Caribbean until this morning but I couldn't resist.

It sounded loud, but I did have the windows open. And I think I was being critical too. Will try get a video up tomorrow.

22. How do I upload a video?

23. Can you do it with photobucket or youtube

24. It's not a great video

K-tec racing induction kit: http://youtu.be/5mGkck2r0lU

25. Sounds quite good that nath
    you getting used to it or still not sure

26. I took it out again today and it has started putting a smile on my face. It only becomes loud when I started really giving it some. Quite subtle otherwise.

27. Whats the size of the airbox outlet to the turbo?

28. The standard air box??

29. Yeh mate the standard airbox

30. I'll measure it when i get back from work and let you know.

31. Cheers bud, much appreciated

32. I've got there kit on my r26, looks very similar.

Well made kit and very comprehensive, comes with all you need for a tidy install and heat shield is well made.

Only let down is you have to cut a couple of inches off the standard intake hose

33. It's 70mm.

34. Cheers mate