Megane 250 ESP

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by corroded, Aug 5, 2013.

1. I got my 250 on the weekend and have been enjoying it thoroughly, and testing it's capabilities. It's probably a basic question, but seeing as I am not exactly certain what it looks like, what does the ESP warning light actually look like? I did a full beans start, and saw what appeared to be a triangle with an exclamation mark on the screen which seemed to pop up when the wheels span and disappear once traction had been regained.

I only ask because my old T-Sport would have been showing it much more regularly, and I think that's the only time I've seen it so far, and just wanted to check it's not something a bit more unexpected!

Cheers.

2. TC and ESP both use the same light which is the yellow warning triangle. :smile:

3. In my little experience with the 250s you really gotta be pushing on to see the ESP light on the road, obviously TC can be a little easier to engage with a heavy foot.

much like my old 197 I find the ESP fantastic on the megane, excellent safety system really.

4. Ahh, maybe it actually was the TC then. I managed to get it to do it again as I had an Audi sitting about 13cm off my rear.

Not that I'm looking to set it off mind, just was very impressed after a weekend I'd only seen it twice.

Utterly remarkable car though... I forgive every single one of it's minor flaws.

5. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

They're much more fun with it switched off anyway :tongueout:

6. Oh, I'm sure they are, I've just not gotten the balls to completely disable it all yet. I've put it in sport mode though.

I'm actually moving Maidenhead way, and play footy in High Wycombe on Sundays... if you see an all black 250 it's probably me!

7. I have rubbish tyres on the rear, it actually drifts on greesey roundabouts, esp saves it like a star all you have to do is counter steer a touch lol. Love it!

8. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

Used to live in Maidenhead on Shoppinhangars road. Nice place. I'll keep an eye out!

9. Don't own a grey 13 plate 265 do you Luke?

10. The only irritating thing I found with the 250 is the understeer prevention system, it seems a bit at odds with road tyres and the LSD and you have to hold down the TC button to turn it all off. At Oulton my first session it was just destroying my fun every time I got mid corner and started to roll the throttle on it was cutting all power.
    I used to turn the TC off in the Clio too tbh as I had it 'intervene' a couple of times where I didn't expect it to and it almost helped me bin it entering an 80~mph corner.

Great on the road, kinda annoying on the track.

11. Even on trackdays, the ESP tends to stay out of the way *most* of the time.

It does however become a problem in 3rd gear high-speeds corners when it tries to cut the power as you slide slightly. Best solution is to turn it off :smile:.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If your smooth the esp on sport will not intervene, I always run it off but did try it with it on just to see if it would be intrusive but it wasn't until I started hopping kerbs and it cut power