Megane 225 project. North east!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Carl mcintosh, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Hi guys. I had a Megane r26 years and since then I’ve had all sort of different cars. I currently have a lotus exige 220 supercharged aspen white as my toy and a old Y reg golf gti. As my run about.

Loving driving the lotus and I have though about going to the track with it. But with the car at the price it is and the cost of parts I’ve decided just to keep it as my fun car and an investment.

So I took a gamble on a 55 reg Megane 225 on eBay to have as a project to replace the golf gti or perhaps a track toy. As I really liked my old r26.

So the car arrived today. In what I was expecting more of an eletrical faukt as the owner said it wouldn’t crank over.

After a new battery I got it to crank over very easily. Next there was no ignition. Pulled out the old spark plugs which were shot and replaced with new.

Cranked the car over and eventually managed to start it but it’s mega rough and loads of white smoke coming from the back 😔. It just doesn’t want to start and run.

So without digging deeper I suspect I’ll need to replace the engine.

Also noticed the coolant tank is yellow but can’t find mayo anywhere.

So think I’ll take the head off regardless to have a look even if the engine is coming out might get lucking and maybe the head has gone.

Has anyone else had similar and what’s your thoughts.

Which route should I go. Just want it running for now so no big power builds.

Other than that the car has had the interior stripped out. The body kit is pretty good nothing a good machine polish can’t fix.

At the price I paid for the car I’m still pretty happy. I knew at the price I got it I’d be taking the gamble. I was just hoping to get lucky lol.

Is there many of you guys Stockton/Middlesbrough area???

Carl

2. Welcome along - I’m in Ingleby Barwick, black 265. Don’t drive it much though at the moment

Carl mcintosh likes this.
  3. Few of us kicking about in sunderland and surrounding areas bud

4. I'm in Stockton mate.

5. We need to arrange a little north east ride out soon before summers finished

Carl mcintosh and Bumblebee like this.