Max mileage Megan RS 2 F1 Team

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by MagsPower, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I'm new on the forum... I'm from Italy, I'm looking for a r25/r26 f1 Teeam. In Italy are vary rare car, i found some but all of them are over 75.000/80.000 mile !! Do you think if the car is well mainteined is still acceptable ?? I don't know if the engine or the mechanics of the old r.s. are reliable or not.

Will be my second car, just for fun in some week end or track day.

Many thanks for the help

2. Mine is on 107k. Not the strongest cars in the world and not cheap to maintain so I would check for good servicing, belts, brakes suspension etc above low miles. Can cost a lot to put everything right if neglected and even on half the mileage there's a lot that should have been done. If they work properly they are a relatively quick but practical everyday car hence the reasonable miles most have covered - conversely one on 40k might be a complete turd so it never gets driven and has 300 previous owners.

In farness mine has been fine for the kind of car it is despite the miles. Most of my cost has been fixing previous neglect and preventative maintenance.

3. Many thanks for the advise... I will definetly check servicing and everything... The car I choose looks in good shape inside and outside... I will ask more info about servicing, belts and brake and suspension... The car is almost stock, just air filter, koni suspension ec ecu remap

4. make sure its had a clutch as well.You really should do the DM flywheel when changing the clutch on a R26.Expensive.
    And obviously make sure,both the steering and gear lever self center..both common faults.

5. Great advice mate! I will call the owner asking everything... unfortunately I'm not very expert in the Renault sport world!! At the moment I own a 595 Abarth

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

6. A friend of mine owns a 225 with well over 150k now. It doesn't have an easy life but as said, so long as you keep on top of the maintenance of the car it will be grand. His has also been running a remap for about 80k of its life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. That's another great info !! This morning I had a chat with my mechanic (is specialized in Honda vtec) but have good knowledge of sport cars in general... he told me is a great car with an amazing chassis and recommend me to buy one !! The r25 or r26 F1 team!! Here in Italy the r26 is very expensive!!! Impossible to find one under 15k € !!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

8. There os one R26 in Croatia at 280oookm on stock clutch. The milage isnt an indication of anything else then cowered miles.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk