Matts Red 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by odinson, May 18, 2015.

1. Ahh nice shame i couldn't make it up yesterday i was dragged shopping haha. My car will for sure go faster i just need to be smoother in a lot of places but tbh I'm on a track day to have a laugh so i end up spending most of my time chasing someone and having a laugh or antagonising the car in places.

git-r likes this.
  2. Matt, you thought much more about doing the roof black?
    Wrap or paint?
    I'm thinking of doing it but doubt i would do the horizontal pillars or spoiler, if you've seen Tymens 250, more like that!
    Loving the look of the car, she's a beaut!

3. Yes it's in the pipe line to do it black trophy r style

4. Picked up pro alloy intercooler and turbo cooler last night ready to be fitted before my trip to nurburgring on the 28th April cannot wait!! Got enkei pf01 for track wheels now too. Also a set of ad08rs ready for my ATS DTC for when i collect them

IMG_20170417_215530_799_zpsiemhmhoj.jpg

20170404_160147_zpsemgja7c2.jpg
    20170404_163252_zpsxquhnc4i.jpg A

Pipps310, Nigelo and MCUH like this.
  5. I love your interior man, looks so good. We're those recaros custom in that colour or off the shelf? Would like these in my trophy but the rest of it is grey not black so would want grey leather or similar ideally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odinson likes this.
  6. That's the colour they come buddy

Lewis likes this.
  7. What's the colour combo? Did you get them new?

8. Just black leather with grey alcantara. No i bought them from a friend

9. Intercooler and turbo cooler fitted
    IMG_20170419_213757_530_zps3kcitbeo.jpg
    20170419_162138_zpsvezeht3i.jpg

rTEM, grantw and Pipps310 like this.
  10. She's now ready for nurburgring trip on Friday

IMG_20170426_142553_594_zpsfnniqq8e.jpg

11. Looks ace. Have fun!

odinson likes this.
  12. So bad weekend at nurburgring with gearbox mount bolt snapping as I arrived to the villa then splitting a driveshaft in half on Karussel I'm now about €1500 poorer but I was determined to get car sorted and back out so new mount and driveshaft where sourced and fitted only to have 2 friends have a bad crash on track on their motorbikes with one being air lifted. Both are ok but ones shattered many bones but alive which is main thing. Car felt absolutely mega when was going well and had the help of a few German Megane owners getting car sorted. Anyway back home I've now ordered black series engine mount rubber and vibratechnic lower mount. Onwards and upwards as they say

Pics to follow

13. IMG_48491_zpslspxngzs.jpg

IMG_4850_zps8nbwftvs.jpg

racetracker_2722542_38760_zpseub7jf5q.jpg

racetracker_2734006_38759_zpshvj9wuse.jpg

racetracker_2733615_38761_zpsswokyqpb.jpg

YFZ450SE, Nigelo and MCUH like this.
  14. Damn that looks fine. Any paint maintenance tips you'd like to share. Great pics!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

15. Paint maintenance haha front bumper is chipped to hell I have a brand new one to be painted and put on haha

16. Crazy time at the NRBRNG - hope your friends get better soon!

odinson likes this.
  17. ring can be a dangerous and expensive place.
    The worst bit is when its dry at one part of the circuit,and raining at another.
    Squeeky bum time when you arrive at a corner to find its wet with zero grip.

Last 2 times we went,we had car blow ups.
    If you don't have a german speaker in your party,it can be a nightmare to get cars recovered back home.
    We always make sure we have European cover.

Your mates crash on the bike must have been a big one,all the best to him in his recovery.

18. Why is it red meganes always look the meanest..must be the black/red combo.

Jimbob 2705 and MCUH like this.
  19. I'm not a red car fan, but I have to say a Meg 250 done like Matt's is my favourite colour for them!

odinson likes this.
  20. Looks epic [emoji108] did you manage to get any good times in after the sorting the shaft ?

21. Not really bro done an 8.30 with 2 massive yellows but was just happy to get car back out

K_Mcd222 likes this.
  22. So made a splitter haha this is version 1, version 2 will be better with much better bracing
    IMG-20170507-WA0008_zps5jnowfbd.jpg

Nigelo and MartijnGizmo like this.
  23. Ive been looking at the Maxtons splitter and the rest of the additions that they sell, heard mixed reviews about the company though. Have you looked into them before Matt?

24. I know someone who has a Maxton spoiler lip on his Corsa VXR. He seems quite happy with it, though did say that the self-adhesive tape they come with is pretty crap and not the genuine 3M stuff they claim.

I really like the spoiler lip for the Megane, though it does seem to get mixed reviews.

25. ATS DTC in 18x8.5 et45 fitted with new 235/40/18 ad08r
    IMG_20170510_114548_522_zpsapyapxrv.jpg

20170510_113841_zpsgp1drvyi.jpg
    20170510_113953_zps4zhu57m4.jpg

26. Personal opinion, best wheels so far.

odinson likes this.
  27. Haha, how many sets of alloys have you got now! :smile:

28. Matt, are you looking to sell any wheels? I'm interested in 8.5J ones that don't need spacers...

ATCs look great btw. I do prefer the bronze colour

29. Haha I've had a clear out lads this is my only set now

Few clearer snaps

20170511_093523_zpsvpn4gnip.jpg

20170511_093716_zps1jb0de24.jpg

20170511_093703_zps5xo7xa5o.jpg

Matt and Nigelo like this.
  30. Now have a second renaultsport haha this was bought off a guy at work who's had it 6 years it's in great condition but needs a few little bits and pieces but I'll use it as a cheap track fun along side Megane and also a stepping stone for my little brother to start track days. Who knows I may go racing in it
    IMG_20170515_182426_051_zpseervzgnd.jpg

massivewangers likes this.
  31. I still have a 172. They're such good little cars. Every bit as fun as the Megane. You'll have a blast in that.

odinson likes this.
  32. So Megane is having a little reverse in its approach, I've been in a pickle about what to do recently with a lot of money being put towards re sorting the house etc and thought briefly of selling the Megane. The introduction of the cheap Clio have now given me the perfect way to free up cash and still enjoy the car which is too replace the pole and cage with recaro front and rear bench and use it as my fun daily/ring car, use the Clio as a balls out cheap track car and sell off my mk5 daily to free up the cash. This way meg gets a rest from always being the track tool and means if it goes wrong on track it's in a cheap as chips Clio and not my pride and joy

Matt, jack250 and Mikeyjp like this.
  33. Smart move. Can't beat a track slag. Arrive, hammer and don't feel too precious.

odinson likes this.
  34. This thread is bloody useful you know.

I'm thinking about changing the wheels on my red 265 but can't decide what colour to go for. You've had pretty much every colour going so it's really helped me to visualise the options lol.

Got to be black I think. Just need to decide on the wheels now...

odinson likes this.
  35. So some may have seen but I now have a new car which means my Megane journey is unfortunately coming to an end. I absolutely love the car to pieces but the move frees me up a lot of cash towards a house and I can't argue with that! The car has been nothing short of spectacular and I will probably regret it but needs must and she will be sent off on a high as she is having good a photo shoot for French car magazine next week.

So new car which is a weekend fun car

2003 silver e46 m3
    Imola red leather
    Manual
    CSL reps
    Performance friction pads
    Hel braided lines
    Rbf660 fluid
    Silenced decats
    Evolve map
    CSL cold start lights
    Tein springs
    Carbon CSL rear diffuser

IMG-20170601-WA0011_zpsux09qwcq.jpg

20170602_225925_zpsegxkjz4v.jpg

20170605_094312_zps7wrz2j0w.jpg

36. I do really like the M3, definitely a car I'd like to try at some point. Not sure I would have parted with your Meg for one though!

odinson likes this.
  37. Thanks for the words buddy, she is a properly epic car but again needs must and having a Clio I can get a bit balls deep in and have just as much fun on much less budget makes sense.

nick.b and massivewangers like this.
  38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Until you start modifying the M and realise what expense is [emoji23]

odinson and mie like this.
  39. hope the m3 is in decent nick..thay can be a bottomless money pit as well!
    angry engine..handling could never keep up with the lump on my mates,with standard suspension.
    Would bounce all over the shop on a bumpy road.
    Didnt help it was on 19`s.

Engine would fkn scream though!

40. Im still an easy £7k up...for now haha