Looking to get back into a Renaultsport

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Neil Mackay, May 31, 2018.

1. Afternoon guys !! As per the title! I'm and old member from the Meganesport.net days (new to here though) when the RS forums were still in their infancy !! I've gone through the process that many here will no doubt face in the future where home moves, children and life generally get in the way of running fun cars (which seems like a lifetime!) So I'm back from the dark side, older, wiser (apparently) and on the hunt for a decent spec 250 :-)! My car history has, other than a few years running a heavily tuned C32 AMG Wagon (last German car I EVER buy, by the way) always been Renault! From a 21, Laguna, Full Fat Clio 172, and finally the car a brought me the most joy owning a Megane Trophy (number 500). The Megane went through its various stages of Tune, upto Stage 2 by Paul with all that goes with that, until I finally had to sell up back in 2012 when the AMG took its place (I claimed to the Wife it was just a C Class Estate, with the classic - "just look at all that room for your crap in the boot") ! Since I got rid of that I've been in a Renault...........but one of those new fangled electrical things (Zoe). Great car, and, an interesting experience, but just not for me! So between now and November, when it goes back, ill be lurking, with some no doubt ridiculous questions, until I find the car for me ! One quick question I have though (which you'll all see is my first ridiculous one), anyone gone from a 225 Cup chassis'd car to a 250 Sports Chassis? Would be interested to hear if there a comparison of the two as I know there is a divide between the 250 Cup and sports owners view with the LSD (which in an ideal world I would go for) but the Trophy was set up perfectly for me so just wondering if id notice the LSD in a cupped car or os the sports chassis similar to the "old" cup......

2. Just seems insane to me not getting a cup spec'd car, the difference in price is neither here or there and what are you buying it for?, if not to have fun and push it a bit? :tongueout:.

3. That's my thoughts really, I've got a fair bit of time to wait for a decent spec Cup to come up! Ideally a forum member car as some of the ones out there look a bit tired to say the least !

4. Any pics of the trophy?

We always come back :tonguewink:

I've had the lot, started with a 172 cup, then a Cupped 182, 197, back to a 172 cup, then a 197 cup and now a Meggy 250 :tearsofjoy:

Nothing drives like them down a good b road, they just have "something" imo :sunglasses:

5. Managed to find some photos of the Trophy !! The one car I have always regretted selling !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the "Sleeper"
    [​IMG]

and the 172.....
    [​IMG]

6. Doh ! That was the Mercs Dyno graph!! This is the Trophys !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]