265 Liquid Yellow Undercoat and Topcoat

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Euan Brownlie, May 7, 2018.

1. So, long story short, car had to get some body work done and shorty after I got concussion and I'm struggling to remember bits of information from around that time.

The garage gave me some spare pain in little bottles so I could do some stone touch up. I got two bottles (see pictures) and he wrote on them to remind me what each one was. Trouble is, I can't remember what each letter means and I just want to double check that I'm right before going ahead. Left bottle (T) is the darker of the two.

I assume T = Topcoat, G = Groundcoat?

Also, once I put the touchup paint on, should I add a bit of lacquer?

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Yes your right ground first then topcoat. The top coat may have some sort of lacquer in it

3. I think you're right with the topcoat being T. If it's water based paint then you'll need to lacquer over the top.
    You'll know if its water based because there won't be a strong solvent smell from the paint.
    I got the same touch up bottles when I bought my car but I've found that it's very difficult to match LY for touch ups.
    I've tried putting a bit of ground then top coat and then lacquer but it's nowhere near a match. I've also tried mixing a bit of both together in variois ratios using a pipette - but not with great success.

I hope you have better luck.