250 LED Indicators

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Has anyone changed the front indicators to LED bulbs? What ones did you get and do you need a resistor too?

2. I just put silver vision bulbs in mine front and rear. Gets rid of the horrible orange and blends in with the lights.

3. Charlie Howard

I've already got chrome ones in there but I want to change all my lights except the main headlight and high beam to LEDs because they look nice IMO.

Beau likes this.
  4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

ive fitted them to my R26 and needed the resistors, because of the hyperflash

5. Charlie Howard

I got some cheap ones or eBay and they didn't work at all. What ones did you get?

6. Charlie Howard

Ah okay thanks!

I was going to do headlights too but don't really want to dazzle anyone, wish I could though because they look so much better.

Has anyone bothered with rear LEDs for brake lights etc?

7. matt e

done all the rear, reverse made the biggest difference

23829395124_aa08e2f29c_c.jpg Cree bulbs by matt eaton, on Flickr

23304959216_fd38112b40_c.jpg Reverse lights by matt eaton, on Flickr

Beau likes this.
  8. matt e

rear ones are led fronts are standard

9. Charlie Howard

Did any of the rears require resistors? What bulbs are they?

10. matt e

yeah the indicators do, just search ebay for the bulb your after and put cree led

11. Charlie Howard

Ah so brake, reverse and running light? not sure what to call that one, all work as standard? Are they H7 bulbs? Can't say I've ever had to change any research bulbs.

12. Charlie Howard

Do you remember what wattage for the brake and reverse lights you used?

13. matt e

40w i think

14. Do you need resistors even with Canbus LEDs? I've put LEDs in previous cars and there's no bulb warnings provided they're Canbus LEDs. Is the Megane different in that regard?

15. Charlie Howard

You can change all interior, side repeaters and side lights no problems if they're canbus but the rest of the bulbs I believe require resistors. Not sure about headlights but that's illegal anyway.

16. matt e

on the mk2 the can-bus isn't like a vw where they have a sensor for everything. unsure on the mk3

17. Charlie Howard

Not sure about the MK2 but the MK3 has sensors for most exterior lights. I've replaced sidelights and side repeaters fine as they use the same bulbs as interior lights.

18. Charlie Howard

Reviving this because I actually finally got some LEDs. The indicators require a resistor but it's all one big connection so does anyone know what cables need the resistor as they're not labelled? Also, I fitted a P21/5W LED for the tail/brakes and they light up when the headlights are on but don't get brighter when you touch the brakes. Any ideas?