Key card distance

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Ashley, Nov 24, 2017.

1. I was wondering why my key card only works wen I’m really close to the car to unlock it with the car not keyless

Is there a problem with the key card causing it only to work went held near the front window ?

(I don’t have keyless so use the card buttons to unlock/lock the car

Cheers guys

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

have you changed the battery on it? maybe its low

3. Was the first thing I tried mate still the same il try another new one tommorow incase I had a long shelf life one

4. I take it you dont have a spare? :worried:

5. I do but that was a non genuine card and has now stopped reading in the key slot so says card not detected but that one works from 4 cars distance away it’s typical one or the other haha

6. I would say there something shagged with it then, I did a quick Google and could not find anyone with the same problem

7. Me too mate had a good 10 minute search couldn’t find a solid answer I’m guessing it’s something internal I’m the card at fault

8. If you were feeling really brave, you could try and see if you can get in it. It is clearly working, just a weak signal, could be low power or there could be something corroded inside maybe ?

9. Daz

Daz

Anything with you that could reduce the range?

I've found with the Wifes MK4 Clio that if I have the keycard for that with me it WILL not unlock the Megane unless I take the Clio card out of range - it seems to block the Megane one.