Just ordered 275...

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by nickfrog, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ah I get you

Weird about the pressures, mine definitely read on start up don't need to move

2. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Looks great in that colour!

3. Harness fitted today (yes I know, not ideal without a roll cage).

WP_20160624_20_26_16_Pro_zpswru1xrmh.jpg

WP_20160624_20_25_02_Pro_zpsuq3asojc.jpg

4. Hoping for a pax ride at Spa on the 21st in this car ! Stunning colour and spec etc

nickfrog likes this.
  5. You'll have to do without a harness though !

6. Proper tyres on too (China's finest)

[​IMG]

7. A non-EU Brexit choice.

nickfrog likes this.
  8. What are these ns2r tyres like... Are they a summer / track only tyre?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

9. Summer only probably, track only no. I went for the harder 180 compound. The channels are not as shallow as the usual Cup2 / 888 but the void ratio is similar. They're OK in the wet so far but probably not clever in standing water...

The bottom line is they are cheap for me (I get them for £80 each through work) and worth a test. I'll be able to comment further after my Spa/Ring trip in a couple of weeks.

10. You going on any of the upcoming RenaultSport track days?

11. Yes I should be at Bedford 01 August, will you be there Alex ?

12. So parking sensors are 100% confirmed as standard? My dealer has confirmed to me categorically it wont have them when it arrives late July. Are the NS2-Rs 235/40 or 225/40?

13. Those ns2r tyres are great value for money. Great in the dry. I had medium compounds on my Clio 200. Just be careful the wet they are pretty slippy on the corners. Way worse than my cup 2's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Yep, you WILL get sensors even without a camera - they don't do a non sensor ready bumper - your dealer doesn't know and just read the brochure/price list which is wrong tbf.
    Ns2Rs are 235 as per the OE tyre on a Cup-S - same load rating too. Yes Lewis they can be tricky in the wet when cold but not shockingly so, they do dispel with 7mm. They're just not progressive at all (obviously) - I did lose the rear once on too abrupt a lift with too much lock on. Conversely they are very reactive and a very little correction got the car back. They will be tricky in standing water. Also I don't know how many heat cycles they will take before going off.

tomrs likes this.
  15. Yeah I'm booked onto the Bedford GT trackday on 2nd August. I assume this is the one you meant?

Interested to try the new Megane4 GT 220 with rear wheel steer

Will be bringing the Cayman GT4 along too, but not sure they will let us have a play on track with it. It's still setup from Spa anyway and not sure there will be time to mess about with it. Will look nice in the car park though haha

16. Yes sorry I meant the 2nd of August. I'd love a pax lap in the GT4 but maybe not realistic. Not even sure it complies with noise restrictions there ?

17. Great! Thanks for confirmation. Rear visibility isn't great, so should help prevent a divorce :smile: Does anyone run 225 widths on a cup? in some cases the prices difference vs 235 is decent.

18. True but won't be insurance friendly. Not worth the hassle IMO.

19. Nice chatting to you at Spa shame I didn't get a pax ride in your RS 275 ! Stunning car

20. I am so sorry!!!!! It was great meeting you. I was in Pack A so my sessions were early. I had finished by 2.00pm. I really apologise as it turned out that I was actually solo for one of the sessions. at 11.00am. Next time ?

Are you coming to BA 02/08 ?