Just ordered 275...

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by nickfrog, Mar 22, 2016.

1. These companies, god only knows why when they are selling cars, typically put whatever photo they can in. Just plain lazy.

2. Any luck with some pics ? Cheers. Nick.

3. The point I was making was, what with the picture being wrong and the disclaimer they posted, was this an actual proper price for a Megane 275?

If so, great, but I suspect the tactics employed here are to get people emailing in about a vehicle and then they can slowly keep increasing the price with the explanation that the advertised one isn't this that and the other.... The details are sketchy to say the least. Have you had a proper quote from them at all buddy?

4. I leased my golf r from gateway as many others did. The price on the website was accurate and they were great to deal with. Many of these leasing companies pictures are often not totally accurate. No reason to suspect this isn't a true offer really. Cracking deal. A quick call and they'll quote over the phone in a few minutes.

5. Those deals are basically £6,324 over 24 months inc fees and tax. The car with MP is available for less £18k cash with MP http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/Ne...dVariant=2.0+T+16V+Renaultsport+275+Cup+S+3dr

So yes they are good lease deals who might not quite beat depreciation but you hang on to your cash, although ISAs hardly beat inflation. Still, could go towards a BTL.

Only issue is that extras are usually very expensive if you need any (full dep over 2 years) and you can't reasonably track a leased car.

6. That's why I've purchased. Want to do trackdays and I've specced the recaros, akra and ohlins which as you say would have significantly bumped up the monthly on a lease. I've paid for the leather and pearlescent paint specced on my golf over the last 2 years so the original £275 quoted on a base spec went upto £338. Still a good deal with tyres and 2 services included. I intend to keep the Meg for at least 3 years and retire my m3 from occasional trackdays. Hopefully it will creep up in value and be a nice deposit towards a duratec caterham in the not too distant future.

7. Brilliant deals at broker 4 cars then. beats drive the deal significantly and the deal I've signed up to. Where were you 2 months ago Nick?

8. I don't think the B4C deal was there 2 months ago anyway...It basically the Friends and Family deal (30% off) plus their £300 commission but full list on options.

9. If I don't order the rear camera, will I still get rear parking sensors ? I assume not but not really clear...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sensors are standard on all models I think

11. Yep yep

Rear parking sensors are standard. You can just spec a rear parking camera as an extra.

12. Thanks Alex. My dealer just called to say NOT standard on Cup-S so I have to buy the camera to get the sensors. As your Cup-S got them without the camera ?? So confusing this...

13. I had a similar discussion with the salesman becauseI think some of the spec sheets are a bit ambiguous. The online configurator does show them as standard though.

14. Rich you are right. I can see that it's std. I have emailed the dealer for clarity despite his verbal assurances that it's not std. I am not paying for something free. I fear it is too late though and I hope things won't turn sour. Beyond me how a car manufacturer is unable to get the very basics right... What else will they get wrong ? Missing the BMW business sense already. No wonder why you don't see any Megane RS...

15. I'm sure the sensors are standard on every mk3 Megane.

The camera is an option but to be honest it's not really worth having. In this weather the camera lens is constantly dirty so the picture is terrible. In the dark it's very hard to see anything either. The sensors display a bar type image that is the most useful part, along with the beeps IHMO.

16. Bizarre! I hope they are standard as I want them on mine and I didn't spec the Camera :-\

17. Yes they are, 100% confirmed.

18. I just heard the Megane will be ready for delivery on 18 May instead ! Brilliant. Sold my car privately and being picked up today so that's 10 days in a 68hp 1.0 3-pot Yaris for me !!

19. ^ that's great - they are cracking cars.

Renault leant me a brand new twingo for 4 months when I sold my R26 privately, no questions asked, no paperwork - nothing. Didn't even look at it when I brought it back having put 3k miles on it. Could fault them.

20. Good going ! It's the daughters car while she is travelling in Asia so it needs an Italian tune up anyway.
    #valvesdancingonthebonnet

21. It's arrived early - it's very good.

How do I get the tyre pressure on the big screen ? Or is that even possible.

Still running it in, but the steering !!! Makes my M135i feel like a boat. Will report back after a few miles...

Meg_zpszhjurx5t.jpg

22. That colour looks stunning in that picture. More please Nick!

23. Agreed! Looks lovely :wink:

More pics required!

24. nice :smiley:

25. Looks incredible that

26. Lovely. Have you taken the megane badge off?

27. Can't wait to get mine now!

28. Stunning looking car, that grey is the dogs

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

29. My god that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. No it's fallen off !! Bloody French cars! :wink:

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  31. You as in you or dealer! Didn't think lift off oversteer would cause things to fall off this soon!

nickfrog likes this.
  32. A bit of heat and some floss did help !

33. That looks famtastic mate.

Re the tyre pressures - you can't get them on the big screen, only the smaller one and only when driving and after a short period for them to read. HTH

34. What big screen do you mean?

Mine read instantly on start up

35. The main screen in the middle of the dash.

Mine definitely won't read unless you are actually moving.