It's French so had to happen lol.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by evojkp, Dec 22, 2016.

1. And so to resurrect this topic. Again on my way back from Abz the heater plays up, took it out this morning and no blower again. Tried calling local service centres to get it sorted but cannot even get to talk to someone on the phone, so called Renault Assist who will send someone out at lunchtime. No doubt car will be towed again and another courtesy car....fantastic :confused:

Worst thing is it was booked into Rentec for service tomorrow as well, so had to change that, which means messing those guys about which I hate.

Not how I wish to spend my leave messing about with garages and courtesy cars. :rage:

2. thats too bad, could the resistor be changed to the Mk2 not sure if it fits but might be worth a go if this sort it out for good...

3. It’ll be under warranty whatever happens. No doubt I’ll not see the car for a week. RAC just called saying they are busy so will not be the original time but sometime early evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. given the fantastic results achieved with the coat hanger 'trick' you not tempted to give that go before sending car away.

5. This is all because it got wet ?

6. God knows mate, I'm guessing thats the reason. When i called Rentec to rearrange my service they mentioned that it could be that the motor is on its way out seeing as the resistor pack was changed only in December. It's under warranty so not overly worried about it. Hopefully I'll get it sorted and back with me within a week, but not sure they will manage that lol.

7. Never heard of that mate. If it was out of warranty I'd try a proven fix, but seeing as renault will pick up the bill for another 18 months i think its only fair that they do so. I'll get a car from enterprise to keep me mobile while its away. Got nothing planned that I really need it for. It just a PITA.

bobsan likes this.
  8. And off she goes ...

3a8e981d41c7c966224aeeec1d0d93e5.jpg

9. evojkp likes this.
  10. Hire car now collected. A mummy bus ford s max thingy.....mmmm, the words shit comes to mind

T&biskits likes this.
  11. So it’s the heater motor that has gone and not the usual resistor pack. Will be next week now before I get it back.

12. Eventually got my car back after much mucking about. After driving a bus for a week it never fails to amaze me when I get back into the meg how much you have to recalibrate your cornering abilities. Big smile [emoji4] has returned.

matt e likes this.