225 Intermittent steering and brake issues

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by jbj4701, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Hi everyone, I have a 2006 Megane 225, just over 100,000k
    I bought it a couple months ago.

On the way home I noticed it would pull right severely when braking.
    The Renault dealer bled the brakes and adjusted the alignment (apparently)

It improved since then but I have very intermittent erratic steering and brake issues.

Occasionally it will pull right when braking, it will do it consistently then all of a sudden it will not pull to the right. It also pulls to the left when driving a lot but not always.

On one particular bend that I usually take at 40k it will seem to pull back left ever so slightly through the corner.

I had it in at a suspension place, I left without being charged because they said there's barely any wear on any of the suspension, brakes or steering components that they could find.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. I think its because of the road surface, try to find some perfect road without any angle and test it on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I think you may be right, I noted today both issues occur on the same sections of road... So.. how do I counteract it? Urethane bushes?

Worth noting is that the report from suspension place does actually note minor wear that they don't consider an issue.

These are
    front control arm bushes.
    ARB bushes
    front struts

Could these actually be causing the issue? I'm inclined to think yes.
    I've had cars before that had worn components and it didn't effect the handling as much.

4. So when it pulls to the right, the steering wheel turns left..

5. Check the swivel hub bearings. They caused mine to train track in random directions even on straight road. Turning into bends caused me to have to keep adjusting the steering.... almost like i was having to fight it

The bearings on mine were bone dry so they stick, causing the front wheels to stay in the drection they were facing at the time of sticking if that mmakes sense??

6. Have just ordered new swivel bearings, at 104,000k it won't hurt to replace them. I'll start there and keep going lol.

7. Hi i am having similar issue are the swivel bearings expensive to buy and get done? and if i was to get them done is there anything else that would be worth doing with them??

8. http://www.rsmegane.com/index.php?threads/9880/
    I did inner tie rods, track rod ends, drop links, stabiliser links, both bushes on control arms( ball joints done earlier). Inner tie rods only renault, the rest can be bought cheaper. £200 parts £160 to get it done including mounts with powerflex inserts(mounts plus inserts not included in parts price)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. thanks