Interest in RS Tuning Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by James B, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Thanks for the quote mate! Although I messaged them myself and they got back to me today with a £50 cheaper quote? I've messaged them back regarding a quote for a cam belt change too but I thought it was a bit strange.

24b8b7a1e632e5df70e1f1505328f5c4.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

2. Think they've got the prices mixed or something? I emailed them last week and had a quote of £690+VAT for a map and decat fitting?

3. To make it clear, all of those prices are before the discount.

Everything above will be £100 cheaper with the group buy discount. So kentiiboii it will not cost you as much as you think.

If you have previously contacted them and got a cheaper quote then I would advise giving them a call and confirming the price. I imagine you will be able to agree the cheaper price initially if they have already quoted that, and then you can take off the £100.

4. So how much is a map on a standard 225

5. Hi James. Yes it is an rs tuning map. Just let him know it's Barnsley Paul. Thanks again champ.

6. It's £314 :smile: epic price!

Ok will do mate :smile:

7. Hi mate,

Did you mention all of your mods?

That's the price they gave me for a standard 225. If you mentioned the mods and that's the price they gave then I will question that, because I am presuming they have quoted you for a Stage 1 map in the email you have, and then a Stage 2 map on my quote.

The Stage 2 map will work out at £374, same as a Stage 1 on an RS250.

Cheers,

James

8. Hi James

Yes that quote was with mods, just looked at the message I sent you and my mistake I didn't mention what stage map I wanted. I sent them a email stating all the mods I had and that's what they cam back with!

Thanks for setting up this group buy also!

Cheers

9. £395 plus VAT then take off the discount. It it works out at £100 discount then I'm over the moon with that :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yeah it's a great price. It works out at less than the standard price with no VAT added :smile:

People have clearly gotten confused with the table. Hopefully they check back today and decide to go ahead with it and not miss out!

11. If he will do it off map tweaks then count me in, will be getting an exhaust around then and will need a tweak if you can get a price. Have IC, 630's, sports cat, full exhaust, stage 2 done already. I work just up the road if he will do a discount for a tweak

12. Ok so I will get the remaining quotes for those who have asked tomorrow, but I think I'm right in saying the people below are still happy and ready to go with this group buy?

If so then please ring up and book your car in. You have to pay a £50 deposit, but that way you're ensuring you've got your space. Make sure to say you are part of the RSMegane group buy :smile:

To get the ball rolling I've rang up and booked myself in on the afternoon of May 20th. Properly excited about it!

1. James B
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax
    4. Andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey
    8. arranheath28
    9. reeceandharmon
    10. Eddie

Don't forget we are getting £100 off each map this way :smile:

13. Sorry - I also need to add:

I've extended it from all the way from the start of May until the end of June :smile:

But they are getting booked up quite quickly so please call up before you miss out on the best slot!

14. James just to check do we only get £100 off if all 10 people pay the deposit? Just don't want to lose my deposit if only a couple of people commit as I have to book a ferry across.

15. I'll find out if the deposit is refundable, but yeah we will only get £100 off with ten people, or £50 off with five people.

16. Paid my deposit just now. Thanks again for organizing this James

1. James B (Deposit Paid)
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax (Deposit Paid)
    4. Andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey
    8. arranheath28
    9. reeceandharmon
    10. Eddie

17. Just spoke to Paul at Rs and he has confirmed this discount only applies to full maps, tweaks aren't covered. Worth a try though. Thanks for your efforts James.

18. Just paid my deposit. Thanks James for sorting this!

2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax (Deposit Paid)
    4. Andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey
    8. arranheath28
    9. reeceandharmon (Deposit Paid)
    10. Eddie

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

19. Hi James,

Any chance I could please get a quote for my 250 with KTEC 3" cat-back and KTEC induction kit? Would be interested for middle of June... Or is it best to just call up? Cheers mate.

20. Hmm... Would you mind getting me a price with just 3" ktec cat back, fmic and panel filter. Would also like it to be a pop and bang map please.

I would like it doing, but at the same time the price would pay for my forged Pistons.

21. Are there anymore spaces free or is it for a max of 10?

22. Just booked myself in for the 24th of June!

2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax (Deposit Paid)
    4. Andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey
    8. arranheath28 (Deposit paid)
    9. reeceandharmon (Deposit Paid)
    10. Eddie

Thanks again James

23. @cb225 I would say there's room for more in case people drop out etc.

I will be paying my deposit tomorrow or Monday, just when I get a chance to contact Paul. That'll at least secure a £50 saving :smile:

24. I can't imagine them being to worried if more then 10 people want in as it's more business fir them!

25. Hi guys, sorry I've gone a bit quiet on this - been a bit hectic at work.

@ Cb225: It's certainly not restricted to 10 so call up and book yourself on, mentioning the RSMegane group buy if you fancy the discount :smile:

And then just let us know in here and we can keep a note of how many people we've got.

@Eddie: Cheers mate! That's brilliant!

For the people still wanting quotes, I'm going to email them now so will probably be able to get back to you tomorrow morning :smile: Sorry for the slight delay.

26. Just to let everyone know, the spaces at RS Tuning (outside of this group buy) are starting to fill up, so if you want to book yourself in within this time frame then you should try and do it asap.

I've requested more quotes for these guys:

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Username
    [/TD]
    [TD]Vehicle
    [/TD]
    [TD]Modifications
    [/TD]
    [TD]Requirement
    [/TD]
    [TD]Quote (Standard Price)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]JLodge
    [/TD]
    [TD]Mk 3 Megane 250
    [/TD]
    [TD]· KTEC 3” cat-back exhaust
    · KTEC induction system
    [/TD]
    [TD]Remap
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Aarroncolley
    [/TD]
    [TD]MK2 225
    [/TD]
    [TD]· Milltek full system incl. decat
    · Ram air filter
    · 630 injectors
    [/TD]
    [TD]Remap
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]kentiiboii
    [/TD]
    [TD]Mk2 R26
    [/TD]
    [TD]· KTEC 3” cat-back exhaust
    · Front mounted intercooler
    · Panel filter
    [/TD]
    [TD]Remap
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

27. Hopefully we get 10 :smile:.

28. I'm out. Sorry guys I've just started a new thread asking for help on why.

Low compression on cylinder 4

29. Really sorry to hear that Andy, I hope you get it sorted :/

30. Ok so I've had a reply on my request for quotes. This is an explanation of how Paul calculates his prices:

"The prices are as discussed before.

If STG1 on the R26 it’s £345+VAT, STG2 no injectors £395+VAT and STG2 with injectors £445+vat, We can supply injectors at the same time for £175+VAT fitted. If they supply their own it’s £25+VAT to fit.

RS250’s are £395+VAT unless hybrid and injector which are £445+VAT"

So if you are interested, select what you have from above and then apply the discount to understand what it will cost you. Hopefully more of you can get booking in soon ...

Cheers,

James

31. I'll give him a call tomorrow and speak to him.
    Will update with my decision tomorrow.

32. Yeah me too, spent over 600 this week on spark plugs coilpacks rear brake discs and pads, and eibach pro springs. Probably more with fitting.

its getting chopped in tomorrow I've had enough.

I'll let people know the garage, so not to buy it

33. It is my intention to phone tomorrow and put my deposit down. I've just been researching the ferry and found a couple of dates in June so will be booking in for then.

Would anybody be there any of the Saturdays in June? I'm thinking either the 18th or 25th.

34. That's brilliant, cheers Eddie :smile:

I'm May 20th so I'm afraid not ...

35. Thanks again for organising this James.

36. I don't think they do Saturdays mate, I'm booked in for the 24th of June

37. Really? :worried: I went on a Saturday when I had my Clio, would suit me much better with work. I'll give them a call today and find out. Really hope they do!

38. Could you let me know as I would have to go on a weekend as I work away all week and would mean booking a hole week off

39. When I rang they told me they weren't doing any Saturday's, but perhaps if there's two of you wanting to do it one Saturday morning they may change their mind?

40. Also, if anybody wants to promote this group buy on another forum, that would be great! We've just about got 5 people who have paid, so we've got our £50 discount. If we can get 10 people then it's a massive saving of £100 :smile: