If this is legit, what a bargain!

Discussion in 'eBay Items, Pistonheads & Autotrader Ads' started by Paul21, Mar 23, 2018.

1. It’s a scam, I think it’s actually about £9750.

2. I'm assuming you have already taken a look at this then?

3. someone tried to use my old car to scam before, I sold it on Ebay and it then appeared on Auto trader with the exact same advert and photo's but for half the price. They try to secure a hefty deposit from you over the phone and then disappear.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  4. Mileage stacks up on mot check, very odd

5. I think the guy posted it for sale on one of the Facebook groups, I had one of my car adverts price changed before so it seems quite a common scam.

6. do you really need to ask? It’s a copied add. The seller will ask you for a deposit to hold the car, you’ll then never see that money again.

Well known scam and the people that fall for them must be the dumbest or dumb!

7. Sometimes people way under price things as they don't know what that actually have.

Obviously now know this is a scam.

Do agree would be very stupid to give someone a deposit over the phone. But for some reason people obviously don't understand how dodgy that is, as people still do.

8. Don't understand why it is still up, ebay are normally really good at removing such things

9. Does the owner actually know it's on There?

10. Yeah, knows it is up