How to Remove Megane 3 rear bumper

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Mark_RS, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Anyone got a how-to on this or can advise me?

I removed the 2 small torx screws under the corner sides (near arch), the torx under the bumper for the diffuser and the 2 hand screws for the lights but the lights won't budge at all and therefore the bumper doesn't move and I'm scared of the plastic snapping off at the corners when I pull to release.

Mark

2. Big lump-hammer and a cold-chisel.

You know even though it will be lighter you'll look a right knob without a rear bumper....!!

Regarding the lights - put the two hand screws back in and just tighten them a turn or so and then give the screw a bash with your hand/head/elbow and the lights should pop out but only a few mill because the screws are still attached the other side. Remove the screws and bonza!

3. You sir, are a genius...why didn't I think of that (not the lump hammer and cold-chisel bit). Thank you Mark 1.

Should hear from KTR today on the remap front, they've done the braided lines and CL fluid, removed some sound deadening and fitted the CAE. So next up (I'm trying to ignore the money I'm sinking into this car) is wheels, suspension and I want to get a cargo net like this one to stop trunk items killing me when I brake.

zwypvt.jpg

4. You sir, are welcome!

5. Just FYI the net in that foto is an elasticised item cheap as chips on bay and holds absolutely nothing in place it simply stretches with the lightest of objects behind has a flimsy plastic clip attached to any part interior, looks the part but essentially useless. Proper cargo net is of course a corded net and property secured.

Mark_RS and -Jamie- like this.
  6. Thanks Bob! I ordered one last night and some decent clips...will test it out. I could just buy an R rear net but I want to save the weight haha.