Hi from Swindon

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by John Clavery, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hi all.
    I've joined as I'm going to be in the market for a 12/13 plate Megane 265 in the new year.
    Hope some of you can give me pointers on what to look our for, and what to upgrade?

2. Update: 22/01/18
    Well I've done it, bought myself 13 plate 265 Cup with 40k milage. Gonna pick it up on Feb 3rd.
    Can wait :grinning::grinning:

matt e likes this.
  3. Great news! Is it the one in your avatar? If so, rare in red. Mine is red and certainly don't see many in that shade!

4. Yes, same as in my avatar.

massivewangers likes this.
  5. Ooh thats an exciting wait

6. Yep
    Been a long time Toyota MR2 MK1 and Roadster owner. (Don't burn me!!!).
    Decided to make the move to Renault RS territory for some front wheel drive power and fun.

7. Hi we live royal Wootton Bassett not far from you , great choice of car mate

John Clavery likes this.
  8. Hi

I went to school in Bassett and lived there for around 10 years up near the Prince of Wales pub.

9. How long have you owned your Megane?

10. Nearly 3 years mate

11. Any issues you can think of please?

12. No the cars been ace

13. Great, thanks.
    Good to know.

14. Picked my new wheels up today. Had a nice drive back to home.
    What a monster!!

Paddy80 and massivewangers like this.
  15. Couldn't help myself this morning. Went for a drive while the roads were quiet.
    :yum::tonguewink:

16. Get some pics done. Everyone always likes to see them.

17. Okay, will do.

Attached Files:

19. KTR Exhaust note

20. Looks good in red

21. Thanks

22. Looks really nice good choice mate

23. Thanks. It really is a stonking motor.
    V happy

Alan Godwin likes this.
  24. Looks great, but I would say that, mine is very similar lol

25. I really am blown away about how good it is to drive.
    I've owned a few fast ish motors over the years, but the Megane really is amazing for the money I paid.
    :tongueclosed:

26. That does look good in red :smirk:

27. I almost went for a white one, but this one popped up for sale about the same time.
    I went to have a look, and was sold on the colour as soon as I saw it.

28. Fellow swindoner here!

Mines also a 2012 but a 250, one of the last.

I think i've seen the grey one in Basset parked in Whitehill Ln industrial area, theres also a jet black one i see on my way home from work sometimes but i don't think it's on the forum.

If you're thinking of getting a detail or something i can recommend Deepgloss details, he was in the above industrial estate (when i saw the grey one!) but now he's in swindon. Has a facebook page.

29. Nice, thanks

30. Made a visit to the guys at RSTuning Leeds today.
    Great guys, very friendly and Paul sorted some issues I was having with the way the engine was pushing power out.
    :grinning:

Attached Files:

31. What issues were you having mate

32. Hi
    The car had been mapped by the previous owner to run on a diet of 95 fuel mostly as it was a London based car, not traveling very far or fast.
    When I started using it with a little more beans, and more distance. I was getting some unusual fuel mpg and strange flat spots in the rev range.

33. Did you have it mapped at rs tuning?

34. Yeh, it was already mapped remotely a few years ago.
    I decided on Paul's advice from RSTuning to bring it in and have it rolling road mapped to get it fine tuned back for 99 fuel.
    Drives real nice now.

Alan Godwin likes this.