1. Hi All,

My names Luke if you hadn't guessed from the forum name :tearsofjoy:. I currently own a 2004 Honda Civic type R , bear with me on this :tongueclosed:, I don't currently have a Megane, but after my trip to the Nurburgring I really fell for the RS250/265s Cups, they seem to hold their own out there and general track duties, I have now sold my Type-R and will hopefully be upgrading to the above in the next few weeks! I have been floating around on here which has really got my buzzing for the upgrade.

The Civic was great, I fitted a LSD and also a shorter final drive, Fast road set up, some AD08Rs so really did go well and held it's own on track. But the time has come to upgrade.

I hear that the RS250/265 Cups make good track toys out of the crate, and also are great on daily duties. I must have the Cup or Cup pack for the LSD, as i can't live without after the Civic.

Any buying advice or general advice would be great.

Heres me heading through Brunnchen at the ring :grinning:

36417166322_7081433e04_z.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Luke

2. Welcome aboard.

I feel your pain. It was a trip to the 'ring that made me want a Megane too! Plenty of advice on here and lots of people with experience of using their Meganes on the track.

Whether you go for a Cup or a car with the optional Cup chassis really depends on how much equipment you want. The Cup isn't badly equipped by any means (comes with cruise control, air con etc as standard), but the higher spec car has climate, leather and a couple of other things that made it a must for me personally.

What kind of budget are you looking at? That should help people to let you know what kind of car you'll get for your beer tokens. There are usually quite a few for sale but, if you want specific options, it can be a bit of a waiting game. I was fussy, so it took ages. If you're not fussy, you should find one pretty quickly!

LukeG likes this.
  3. Thanks for the info MW, its a dangerous place coming back from the ring haha.

So to double check, as i'm still very new to this all. You have the Cup, which is quite a raw version of the fully loaded one and also has the Diff and Chassis benefits. Then you get the fully loaded one, but there was the Cup pack upgrade, with the LSD and Chassis benefits from the Cup, but it's fully loaded and called "full fat" (still a bit confused on this)

Budget is around £10-11500, is this achievable do you think? I'm quite OCD I must say so hopefully my budget gets me a good one?

Thanks again,

Luke

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You'll get a good 250 for that budget or a slightly less good 265 depending how fussy you are.

LukeG likes this.
  5. Thanks Jamie, so that would get me a 250 cup for that budget?

6. yes..need over 12 for a nice 265.
    i just missed a very nice 265 with slightly more miles than i wanted(50k)
    ,but with every option fitted on 19`s.

It seems a hell of a lot of 265`s etc where not fitted with recaros,which to most people who have trackdays in mind..a essential option.

that one was just over 12k

7. Hi Luke,
    My 250 Cup will be for sale at the end of next week. Well within your price range. If you want any more details or a spec drop me a message. I have a thread on here called 'Matt's OG 250' or something along those lines!
    e72c0c15cba5e614964eff125c9720fd.jpg

8. Hi Matt,

Thanks for the heads up, it's funny you say this as when I got back from the ring, I came on here to read up on them and it was actually your car that inspired me to make the change. Could you let me know spec etc please? Guess it won't come on the OZs?

Thanks,

9. Messaged you mate [emoji1303]