1. Hiya guys, hope ya all well!

kinda not new to the Megane scene, have had a 1.5dci for the past 5 years, not the same i know, but ive been in the clio scene for many years, was Dancliovalver on Cliosport/Williamsclio/C16V, but now on the look out for an RS Megane

im hopefully going to look at one in Leicester tomorrow, it does have a MeganeSport.net sticker in the back so just thought if anybody knows the car at all, i kow this is a different forum but have been referred to here by a member over there. numberplate is NA57 UEW, a silver R26 =), you perhaps seems alittle too cheap to be true?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2912394134...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

anyways guys, just thought id say hello

Dan

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Welcome along mate! Good luck tomorrow. Check the celts have been done and ask about the hub bearings as bargaining tools and check the windows and and door pockets for water.

3. Would have a look at the front bumper, looks like its possibly had a knock.
    The bottom grill looks like its come out of its clips and the seems to be a mark next to the right hand fog light so might have had a small bump or hit a high kerb?
    want to make sure it's had it's belts done too.

but good luck!

Attached Files:

4. Welcome.

5. hey guys, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

haha ya have a good eye there Boardy =), its the first one ill be going to look at, but i usually test drive a load and the ones i like ill do more extensive checks, HPIs, maybe even AA check but its a good starter and closest to myself. is there a massive difference between a Cup and an R26? because at the minute its a choice between a Megane and an STi Impreza

6. and another thing as well all these little marks could get me alittle more money off if they arent sure what they arr actually selling ay :wink:

7. I've owned a couple of impreza one of which was the RB320 , deep pockets with an impreza required

8. Check that the idle is consistent too. If it's jumpy then the injectors need replacing too which is a £250 bargaining tool! And the if the bumper needs respraying, knock another £200 or so off! Lots of things to look out for in these so I'd read up first instead of buying and paying after like I did!

9. oh dear, sorry to hear that bud, hope its all sorted now though =). thanks for the advice. so it terms of tuning the megane which is the best way to go, all the Meganes i have looked at over the past few years all seem to be around the 270bhp mark, is that just an easy lvl before you have to start throwing serious money at them or is it pure coincidence =)?

10. Main difference between the cup and the R26 if the LSD, and a whole 2 extra horses and stiffer dampers.
    The a few interior differences too, Recaro's being one.
    Your looking around the 260 mark with a stage one map.

11. okay thanks mate, and how do they fair round track, i was very track orientated in my younger years (making myself sound old, im only 28 lol), always nice to hear from people who have experienced it

12. I'm relatively new to theme myself mate, only had mine about 3 months so not had it on a track yet, will be doing at some point but use mine as a daily driver.
    Great around a track from what you read, the .R being the one to have, it's 123Kg lighter than the 26.
    the R was the quickest FWD car around the ring, not sure if it still is? So somewhat of a weapon!

13. I've got an R26.R, can't wait to try it out on track to see what it's like

14. Welcome

15. id love to own an R, sadly too far out of my price range, and just a poor factory worker haha, but work hard for my money, and feel like treating myself :wink:

16. Where do you work

17. That's what it's all about mate, you will not be disappointed!

18. i work near Arnold Steve, i think our actual postal address for work is Daybrook, but we are on Sherbrook road. well the last time i owned a decent car was about 4 years ago when i had my ph1 172, sent that round track a few times and absolutely loved it! then i went sensible and bought my megane dci but i had a 1200 suzuki bandit for the speeding pleasure, however since moving to west bridgford i havemt used my bike so that is going and making way for a car again =) clio 1.jpg clio 2.jpg

19. West bridgford , your 2 miles away from me then, I'm always working their, infact done 2 jobs their today lol

20. ahhh i see, where abouts, im in the flats on Wenlock Drive just off Melton Road, really nice round here, im a Leicestershire lad originally,, still play rugby for melton mowbray and have my season ticket for the Tigers but all my mates and work is over in notts so made the move =)

21. theres a very nice looking Trophy for sale on here by a forum member on here in the for sale section, are the trophys just a limited edition or do they have some special unique little trick bits about them =)? sorry to ask all the newbie questions, you have all been very helpful so far

22. I used to live in Oakham, I was in the RAF at Cottesmore, used to go to the white lion in Melton on this piss, think it was a student night Thursday!
    I played Rugby for Stamford, doubt we played against each other I have got 6 years on you!

23. Think they were just a limited edition, the are only around 119 left out of 500 so are getting rare!

24. ahhhhh yeah Thursday night at the Lion was always £1.50 to get in then it was £1 a drink, carnage haha! no i dont think ive ever played stamford, played Oakham a fair few times, am in Stamford tomorrow night, my cousin has just moved there, small world!

25. Yes it is! Few good pubs in Stamford, the green man and Dr thirstys, and a club called centrals!
    Been a good few years since I was there so could have changed names, used to be a proper dive of a club called key hole Kate's!

26. Lol they are some very random names for pubs and clubs indeed! I took a date to stamford a few weeks back to the cosy club, seemed alright in there, quite chilled :smile:

So im gunna go take a look at the R26 today, will let you all know what its like, and thanks for the haggling tips

27. No worries mate, and good luck!

28. Yeah it's pretty much sorted! I've got it warrantied now too so that's one less thing to worry about! And I think 260-270 is the easiest one to do before clutches start giving up etc! Check that too because they're known for being a tad breaky at about 60-70k and that's an engine out job so I've been told! But good luck looking, there are some tidy r26's for sale on autotrader at the moment!

29. Wasnt in too bad a condition, certainly would need a new front bumper, the grill has broken off the clips, there was no history of belt changes or anything to do with the hubs, and the guy who owned the place didnt really seem that bothered about trying to sell it, ran out of petrol in the forecourt, kinda put me off, and i know the price isnt too bad he wouldnt budge on the price at all. Its only the first ive looked at so hopefully be others soon

30. Give it a swerve then mate, not worth spending that kind of money on the unknown, worth spending that bit mone time searching for a good one, just have to travel if you need too.
    Did a 350 mile round journey for mine.
    Were are you based mate?

31. Yeah im haply to travel over the country, it makes no difference to myself :smile:, good opportunity to test the car on way back :wink:. Im West Bridgford, Notts bud so pretty central ha. Keep looking at the Trophy in the for sale section, very nice, fancy the LSD though

32. You could probably do worse mate but if your planning on taking it on the track then I'm sure it's worth holing out for one.
    you could get a trophy/cup and fit a LSD, could see if its worth it money wise, but then I guess it would be down to re sale value.

33. IMO if you buy a trophy you'll wish you had of waited for the one you really want, an R26 so with that said I'd wait mate .

34. Yeah i did think about that, does a diff really make alot of difference? I only ask because ive never driven anything with one before haha

35. To be honest mate this is my first motor with a LSD, with a bit of spirited driving you can feel it doing its thing and really does make the most of the power.
    I Think to realise just how good they are you need to take it on a track.
    The are people on here with a lot mor experience than me, so I'm probably the wrong person to comment.
    I had it in my head I wanted a r26 so I got one, did not drive a cup or trophy.
    Compared to my cupra r that the meg replaced the meg is in a different league handling wise!

36. The diff makes a huge , huge difference. I have drive many , many FWD cars with and without diffs. Diff is the only way to go really. You dont have to drive balls out everywhere to benefit from the diff either.

37. Trust me, the diff works it helps semi slick tyres stick like shite on a wet road, Andy bond will confirm this I'm sure.

38. See, this is why i sign up to forums, brilliant "bread and butter" advice which is just what im after, thank you very much fellas, i will certainly hold out for an R26 (no offence to any other Megane drivers) cheers guys.

Might keep any eye on that megane on ebay, if he still hasnt sold it in a week i might go and make him another offer, at least enough so i can get a new bumper and get belts done for peace of mind

39. Where abouts are you ? If you are near me I dont mind you taking mine out for a drive.

40. Remember belts can be done for £400 from Mark black