Hello from Russia

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Gtigor, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Got Megane 3 RS CUP ph2 (250hp though due to taxes) since 2013.

Love the car so far, just remapped it remotedly by RS Tuning via local Revo guys.
    Otherwise remap and front pads (Endless MXRS) its full stock and I think it should be this way :wink:

Don't use the car daily - mostly on weekends/evenings and occasional track sessions.

When I was for a new car on the market I actually was set on RWD after several years of driving a Saxo VTS (insanely fun car especially on slippery surfaces! regulary smacked sti/evos in the wet and snow), more precisely used e82 125i (to be mapped to 130 specs) but struggled to find a good one with manual gearbox and M-spec. BRZ/GT86 was another option but not for the asked price - it just insane to ask more money than Megane's price for a n/a 200hp small noisy coupe with horrible interior.

When I found a nice deal on the M3RScup in another city (admired the vehicle since it's been on the market) and not a single regret since then! Local roads are mostly straight and uninspirational - so mighty turbo on the Megane really makes daily driving on boring roads a bit fun. And I really love its Jackyl and Hyde presonality - its great cruising at lower speeds, commute, travelling and when you pin it... You all know how furious, precise, adjustable and fun it is wheather going 100% on track or 80% on a good road.

The only downsides are driving in traffic jams - that clutch, occasional jerking (in sports mode) while starting and some visibility issues but thats what you pay for a pretty rigid body with killer looks :smiley:.

Xanda73, Nigelo and Mikeyjp like this.
  2. Приветственный друг
    Have you some fotos of you car we can see ?? Also how are the Endless pads working for you ??

3. I can only imagine the downside is having to drive it in Russia! I've seen enough youtube videos of mental russian drivers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Here you go, mate!
    a54a622s-960.jpg d14a622s-960.jpg e64a622s-960.jpg e94a622s-960.jpg
    2015 trip to Crimea (with a friend and 2 and a half mountain bikes in boot):
    IMAG1604.jpg
    IMAG1599.jpg IMAG1606.jpg
    Some winter lake fun:
    de4cf7cs-960.jpg 714cf7cs-960.jpg
    Moscow countyside morning ride:
    IMAG1386.jpg

bobsan, trickmansa and Nigelo like this.
  5. Hi gtiger, lovely car, keep away from those crazy Russians on UTube!.

6. As for the pads - the MXRS is nearly perfect for my needs. The OEM were horrible on street and even worse on track (they literally faded at times - it is scary I must admit, and I am running no so grippy PS2...). They are not consitent both street and track and harder to use precisely on street imo (better on track in this aspect) - the pad meterial just feels too soft. With the MXRS the pedal is much firmer, you can adjust bite by foot pressure (not foot movement like OEM) and they did not fade during brutal non stop 20min sessions. But you have to be carefull on highways as they cool down and dont bite for 0.5 a second of braking. No such problems on the city once up to working temperature.

The local guys who time attack a lot on track tires (rs-3, neovea etc.) prefer CCRG compond, it hold high temp better and has much more friction. This one is definetely better for track use and give an even more consistent feel but has its drawbacks - they are more likely to squeal, they eat up rotors pretty fast (I assume 1 or 2 pads pere rootors change) and even harder on rotors in non track use when not hot enough. And one more note - almost all the guys who use them got the dust seals burned on their bremboes.

PS I have seen a lot of Euro guys use Ferodo 2500/3000 but in Russia theese have little respect as they crack often and just not really apropriate for such a heavy and powerfull vehicle. Some guys had great experience with CL pads though...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. Ha-ha I am trying hard :laughing: but it is not a big issue really, just need a bit of buddist approach to ignore those morons:tearsofjoy:
    Frankly saying the situation on the roads gets better and better, cause like 10 years ago one could make crazy things on the road without any legal consequenses - not so much nowdays... And the bigger problem imo are not agressive idiots who lack elementary culture but the lack of basic driving skill for most drivers, it is sad.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    bobsan likes this.
  8. Where are you based, am not familiar with the 777 region..?

9. Moscow, we have 77, 97, 99, 177, 197, 199, 777, 797... too many cars here :smile:

10. Ha, always difficult to keep track. I prefer St.Pete, easier - not too many codes ;-)