H&R springs + spacers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by LJ1981, Jul 3, 2018.

1. I have lowered my meg3 on H&R springs and now I’m thinking of getting spacers, what sizes do you guys us usually get for front and for rear, but to be safe, I don’t want problems with rubbing, also if anyone has any photos with spacers on stock 18” meg wheels post them up, thanks

2. Anything up to 16mm to be safe. Although 20mm would fit too but could cause rubbing.

3. Do spacers affect the handling negatively in any way? Or would H&R springs with 15mm spacers make it handle better.

4. I fitted H&R springs and ktec 20mm hubcentric spacers.

Standard 18" cup wheels. No rubbing at all. Looks a ton better.

Most of the threads on here will say you ruin the handling but i haven't noticed anything too scary. The dead spot in the middle of the steering seems a bit worse but still worth it.

Obviously if you're on track the likelihood for the back end to kick out will be higher as you're moving closer to a square wheel setup

5. How difficult it was to change springs? any special tool required?

6. Not usually. Just some spring compressors.

7. It's not quite that easy on these cars - you have to remove the entire front hub assembly