H&r springs on 265 cup??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Dom c, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Hi there has anyone put h&r springs on there 265 cup ? If so what's it ride like and how did it sit ??

2. in the early days i remember people getting knocking whilst turning etc once they had these fitted.

im not sure now tho

3. I think that was due to incorrectly seated springs brisa

4. ^ ah ok mate.

5. Thanks lads think they look amazing then lowered

6. I've got them on my rs250 and the rides firm but not uncomfortable

7. You got any pics odinson??

8. DSC_0137_zpscwk1323g.jpg
    DSC_0143_zpstxnx2hdh.jpg

9. Sweet as is that just on h&r springs ??

10. Yer bro H&R springs

11. 387d9317c0460573a5cb96f8338d0fb2.jpg
    c295249e6727525bedd0da292283e146.jpg

Also lowered on H&R springs with cup (18inch) wheels. Pain in the backside IMO. I haven't notice any difference in handling, maybe little less body roll and it looks a lot better.

12. Sweet as was not shaw if mine would drop that much coz of mine been a 265 cup

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Why wouldn't it? They all have the exact same suspension setup unless it is minus Cup.

14. The H&R springs are fine, just a tad stiffer, no major changes in handling. Only downside is (imo) that they really lower the rear too much. I ended up replacing my suspension to H&R coilovers after 2 years of using the H&R lowering springs, couldn't have been happier with it; should've done that straight away.

15. No one getting any noises from the front end now after fitting h&rs? Seem to remember a few recent posts where there was some kind of ticking or knocking noise from the front end. They do sit perfect on them though

16. Funny you say that I was going to get under the car and see what the slight ticking/knocking noise was so that must explain it. Mine will be replaced with proper coilovers soon anyway

17. so what was up with just springs ?? and also were coilovers firmer or looser than just springs ?? any idea of H&R coilover spring rating you fitted, thanks

18. Hi guys,

I am a new member and the RS 250 is my first hot hatch, that I just bought recently. I have two options for lowering the car: Eibach 25/15 and H&R 35/35 Springs. Are jwiliiams pics here the 35's (I guess that's the only option from H&R)?

Also, I am a bit concerned how the wheels (especially the rear ones) will look after lowering it that much. Do they need wheel spacers (if that's the correct term)? Are the pics here with or without spacers?

I honestly don't know too much about it, and also not sure because of the chassis / performance.

I love the forum so far, hope you can help me out :smiley:

19. H&R much more softly then CUP

20. Ken

Ken

Sorry to bring this old thread back to life..

For those who are on lowering springs, say roughly -30mm all around. What are the added negative camber front & rear? Thanks