175 DCI GRAMS suspension springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by tof73, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Hadn’t seen those ones buddy, but having spoken to Cooksport, I’ve gone with their offering. Hopefully will be fitted tomorrow. I’ll let you know how they feel/look.

2. Sorry it’s not the best picture and the car is filthy. New wheels arrived, so hoping they’ll be fitted this weekend too.

Honestly I can’t believe how compliant and comfortable these springs are, but lower and less roll etc. It probably helps that it’s got new cup dampers too.

Very impressed with Cooksport, in terms of their product, customer service and willingness to discuss options, etc.

Basically a two finger gap tyre to arch.

Attached Files:

Trophyboy likes this.
  3. Many thanks for the feedback, looks good apart the dirt. I like how it seats and fill the arches, better than H&R by the sound of it in term of handling.

4. Better picture for you mate:

Attached Files:

5. I spoke to guy recently whos tried both the cooksports and the grams.

They're the same drop but the grams are slightly firmer but still fine as a daily drive according to him.

He said he went for the grams after his cooksports snapped - I've heard a few people mention snapping cooksports but to be fair this could be more down to the fact that cooksports are the best seller springs so a lot more people used them. I.e. its probably not a sign of a high failure rate when theres so many out there

6. Thanks, guys for your feedback, much appreciated,

I feel i should go to the grams as nobody says bad things about them (and they are cheaper) even though Cooksports look brilliant too, from what i can read they seems on a par and either way you have some good springs.