Got myself a 3D Printer

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Mikeyjp, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Hi, i have been wanting to have a play with one for ages, i have managed to pick up a 2nd hand Cetus 3D printer, it came with 6 reels of PLA and spare nozzles and bed.

1st test print

XwRGBJo.jpg

1jerVFA.jpg

And printing this atm, can you guess what it is :tongueout:

ycJdEs9.jpg

I have had a quick look for a Meg RS MK3 but no joy, anyone know of any? :smile:

Leigh and matt e like this.
  2. That’s gotta be a 5 maxi turbo! [emoji41]

I fancy a 3D printer too. Keep trying to convince work that we NEED one but no joy yet.

I may just bite the bullet one day and get a small one for home.

3. AA0BZvL.jpg

BsGfiKq.jpg

Leigh likes this.
  4. Mini Darth :smiley:

ODNDGvg.jpg

Tried printing a baby Groot, but had to leave it running overnight, it somehow fell off the print bed and then i ended up with a bed of spaghetti :confused:

5. That’ll be just the roots lol

Jamesycc and Mikeyjp like this.
  6. Had a go printing a RS badge

sJ2ZFVt.jpg

Baby Groot was made with wood PLA

7. Done it! I’ve ordered one!
    Like you, I’ve been wanting one for a while and a few things have cropped up recently, including your thread, that’s urged me to take the plunge.
    Can’t wait to build it up. I expect to have as much fun tinkering as actually printing.

[emoji41]

8. Nice one :smile: which one have you gone for?

9. I’ve gone for the Anet A8.....despite its dubious fire safety record [emoji85].

I like the idea of building it myself, modifying it and learning along the way.

Amazon has 15% off at the minute too which makes it a shade over £130 [emoji1303].

What projects have you got lined up for yours?

10. Make sure you avoid ABS, can give you cancer, just get yourself some PLA. This is a good site to buy 10m samples from https://globalfsd.com/, will give you a good idea, you only be able to print small things.

For pre made models to get you going, and could keep you going forever lol https://www.thingiverse.com/

I buy most my filaments from Amazon, and make the most of prime delivery :smile:

A few of the other things i have printed

RIubR3D.jpg

YNxA2JG.jpg

mbaHEbu.jpg

pc9lUdu.jpg

eJfXsTE.jpg

11. It comes with a small amount of pla to get us going then I’ll take it from there.

I should imagine I’ll be downloading some models to print for the kids but the main reason I’ve bought it is for my own models. I use solidworks on a daily basis so the possibilities are seemingly endless! I’m excited!

For some of the projects I have in mind, I may need abs for its properties. But as mentioned, I’ll start off with pla.

I love the megane print you’ve done, and obviously the 5! [emoji41]

12. Made a couple more things recently

rf3Twmu.jpg

HXHZQbl.jpg

Think i should have printed it a bit bigger, but is quite cool, just need tidying up and painting

xtUEIiM.jpg

S0GqpJE.jpg

13. Latest print job :smile:

o2n91ZH.jpg

Leigh likes this.
  14. Wow that Trophy looks life size :laughing::laughing:

charlie1984, Poppaboost and Leigh like this.