R26 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by dmn1989, Feb 25, 2014.

1. My front tyres (PE2) are currently sitting at 3mm and will be on their way out in the near future.

I was looking at the Nankang NS2R but with the terrible weather in Scotland i have decided against them.
    I was also considering the Yokohama AD08R but they are a little out of my price range at the moment.

I have been trawling the internet for reviews and i have come across the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s.
    They appear to have very good reviews.

Does anyone have the
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s on their Megane at the moment, or even had these in the past that can offer some advice?
    Will these also be suitable for a couple of track outtings? (4 hours max over 2 different days)

Cheers
    Darren

2. I have them all round. Not done any track days. I'm down to about 3mm and they obvs not performing as well as they did. But when they were good they were really good. Will be getting them again for sure.
    I won't lie I haven't had any experience with many othe types of tire but these get my vote

3. Ive got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2s and really rate them. There classed as a summer tyre. Excellent dry grip and give great confidence in the damp and wet conditions.

Id buy them again, they wear well and look good.

In the past on other cars (BMW 330 Coupes) Ive had Mich pS2 and PS3 and Bridstone potenzas which were all pretty really good compared with the likes of Falkens, that Ive found to be ok in the dry but crap in the damp and wet.

4. I run these at the moment as well, they're the best I've tried so far and reasonably priced.

Paul

5. Not sure I'd recommend them for track work at all, the side walls are very very soft. It's why I didn't go for them when it came time for new tyres recently.

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I had these on mine. Did not like them. As soon as I swapped to ContiContact 5's, the amount of grip and wet grip improved dramatically.

7. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

There are two versions though one has C rated wet grip and the other has A rated wet grip.

Sounds like you got the C rated version as I have the A rated version and they are great in the wet and dry.

8. I'd second that, they've been superb for me in both wet and dry conditions. I'm almost due another pair and I'll be buying them again.

Paul

9. I've got them on at thr moment and will be buying them again in the near future

10. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Didn't know about the ratings. They were on the car when I got them so never noticed.

11. Mine are the A Rated F1's and wet / damp grip is great....but then I'm all torque :-)