250 Geometry Woes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Mark_RS, May 22, 2018.

1. Recently hit a pot hole nearside, no noticeable damage but maybe related, the steering wheel is slightly off to the right and you can feel resistance when driving...the car doesn't feel stable, settled to me.

Took it to CT cars down the road today and they're say the front is all within spec but the rear toe is way out drivers side.

The car ride height isn't even as it was corner weighed and then with various weight reductions it was raised a little drivers side to improve clearance...could that have any impact?

When I had it setup last year the below pics is the setup done at a different garage, could it be discrepancy between the two garages? Will get a pic of the new print out later but they said something like the toe drivers side is now +3!!

Last year:
    20180522_113457.jpg

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ride heights won't really make a difference on rear toe as it's a fixed beam and the only way to adjust it is via shims

3. Good shout. Doubt it's 3 deg though as that's fucked. Will get a second opinion and then go shims. What sort of toe/camber is good for track? Also what's oe part number for rear discs Jamie? :smile:

4. 402023273R For plain discs

Mark_RS likes this.
  5. And grooved (as stock) with bearings Danny? I don't do plain anything :smiley:

6. 432020026R For the grooved. Yes the bearings are pre pressed into them

7. Thanks Danny.

8. And the new reading...

20180522_174023.jpg

If the rear beam is fucked (can't see how) and I buy one off Ebay, is it worth doing bushes at the rear at the same time....and therefore the fronts too???

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Id do rear bushes, Avoid the fronts as they all eventually fail.

As for rear geo, Really depends on your tyre/suspension and front Geo setup. Parallel toe is a good starting point with -1.5 degrees camber. I run -2 on the back of mine with no toe but may add a bit of toe out to get it moving more easily.

Mark_RS likes this.
  10. Thanks Jamie. Will see what the other place tells me on Saturday re geo.

11. I had the same issue. local tyre place said` your beams fucked` ( drivers rear toe +4.6). car felt fine. Took it to Protyre in Exeter & they said (with printout), everythings in tolerance. Raeder set it up & didn`t mention any issue`s with the rear.

12. Hope this is the case. Car is off to Raeder in August before a track day. Going to do rear discs I think before I go so will shim a bit if everything is sound.