Gentys RS250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Genty, Jul 26, 2018.

1. So been meaning to start one of these since I bought the car in March . . . .

Anyway after a Nurburgring trip in Aug 2017 I knew I had to have a Mégane Rs250.

I spent a while searching and getting no where then remembered a good place to look is forums. Generally people look after their cars a lot more on forums (I know that's not entirely the case but you know what I mean) so thought I would keep my eyes on this one for a while.

Turns out a lovely bloke not to far from me was selling his beloved RS250 due to house purchase. As he was the first and only owner of this well maintained car I got In touch and viewed within a few days.

After meeting the seller and viewing the car the rest is history :smile: it's now mine.

Lovely bloke and lovely family. I had a calm and reassuring feeling when handing over (Bank Transfering) the £££ that I was not buying a lemon or pile of hidden faults. Chris was straight up and told me everything about the car. I think he was actually gutted he was having to sell as he had owned the car for 8 years and whilst telling me stories aboutb it you could see his eyes tear up. His wife and children were also sad to see it go also but I promised I would look after it. It went to a good home as my wife and children love it also.

So I don't want to go to mental with mods etc as I would say am more 60% into my detailing and asthetics and 40% into my driving so breathing mods, maybe suspension down the line and a remap to suit would be all that's on th agenda.

Seeing some of your fine machines on here does make me think about going Hybrid at some point . . .

IMG_20180724_025356.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to have a read.

Genty.

2. So as she stands:

RS Tuning Remap - 308bhp - 340ft.lbs
    RS Tuning Decat,
    MSD,
    Panel Filter,
    Braided Brake Lines,
    Motul RBF600 Fluid,
    Rs Monitor,
    Leather Recaros,
    Royal Suede Steering Wheel,
    Stubby Ariel,
    Team Heko Wind Deflectors.

Since I have had I have done following:

Oil Flush and Oil and Oil Filter Change,
    Gearbox Oil Change,
    Spark Plugs,
    Fuel Filter,
    Panel Filter Clean,
    Cabin/Pollen Filter.

IMG_20180723_065959.jpg

I will update with more pics and video soon.

Genty.

Mikey4410 and Canky like this.
  3. Little video,

Toying with doing some more videos and 'How To's' etc . . .

Genty.

4. Lovely motor you have got yourself there! Would be great to have some more "how to" posts and video on here. Seems really lacking compared to previous forums I have been part of!

5. Thanks Nick!

Yeah just thinking what to do really next. In the meantime here's a walk around video . . .

7. nice motor Luke. Did you originally buy this from Melton Mowbray i'm sure i remember seeing one advertised with that spec before i bought mine.

8. I sure did. Did not want to disclose the full name and location of the seller but yeah was bought from Melton. My best friend lives round the corner also which was brilliant. The cars a real cracker. Just needed some cosmetic loving.

9. Nice mate looked like a great car from the ad to.

10. Ok so a little update.

Done a few more bits to the car since I last posted.

Managed to get hold of some younger fresher Coils and Injectors so stuck them on.

Rear Wiper delete. Makes the booty look even nicer than it already is.

Grabbed an Airtec FMIC and got some discount by contacting them directly. Cheers Jamie for the advice on that!

Got a good deal on a Scorpion Cat Back non res exhaust. 10% off then i got a discount code for an additional 15% from fleabay so snapped that up straight away.

Hopefully be fitting it tomorrow with a turbo blanking plate. So will update with some pics.

Just getting the car ready now for a map tweak to accommodate the new parts.

IMG_20180913_080344.jpg

11. Also managed to get some pics alongside a colleague's VW Scirocco R. He's considering selling it as company vehicle incoming but need to get some rolling pulls against this machine. Keep badgering him to get it mapped :smile:

IMG_20180901_103206.jpg

IMG_20180901_103159.jpg

Canky likes this.
  12. Little update as possibly be selling the car in the coming months so potential new owner can keep track of what I have done.

As the car is booked in for 'Map Tweak' on Wed 24th October @ RS Tuning I wanted to refresh some parts and make sure the car is healthy and ready for the job.

Gave the brakes a fluid flush with Motul RBF600, fitted a new Thermostat and as the battery and gubbins were out I removed, inspected and cleaned the gearbox mount bolt. For a French car this car does not have many squeaks and rattle etc so am happy with how it stands.

Gave the interior a good clean up and conditioned all the leather seats etc. Plus the compulsory weekly maintenance wash.

Airtec intercooler and scorpion cat back were all checked over as they were the most recent mods I had done to prepare it for the stage 2 map.

All is good, so now I await coming Wednesday for the trip to RS Tuning.

So with my work moving and the wife having to commute now we're potentially looking to move to a more economical car. Gutted I never got the chance to do the whole Nurburgring trip with the car but who knows what the future has in store.

Piccies

IMG_20181018_162056.jpg IMG_20181018_161955.jpg IMG_20181018_162026.jpg IMG_20181018_162123.jpg IMG_20181018_162214.jpg IMG_20181018_162153.jpg IMG_20181018_162244.jpg IMG_20181018_162302.jpg

13. Lovely vehicle just shame need to sell, thinking you’d get better return if it was un-modded and as near factory spec as possible

Genty likes this.
  14. Yeah am working out things if there is anyway possible to keep the car etc but you know how life goes.

I agree on the standard spec. Fingers crossed someone out there will snap it up the way it is. Either way until then I am enjoying the hell out the car.

15. How much £££ are you / will you be asking?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16. Pm sent Grant.

So went to RS Tuning this morning to have my recent mods all dialled into the map. 2.5 hours journey from Leicester and the RS was all strapped up ready to be tweaked.

As usual Paul and the team are brilliant. Asked me what I wanted and expected. Spoke about a few things regarding the lumpy cold starts on the standard map (As I have the remap on the sports button). He mentioned that he had a Clio in before me that was doing it and it was the 'Cat Warm up' process and he will remove it. Also added some pops higher up the rev range for me when in sport mode :wink:

So mainly I wanted the power to be reliable and safe. My wife uses the car as her daily so got to keep her happy.

Paul came out the laboratory and said it had pulled 323bhp and 350ish ft.lbs. Smoothed out the Air to Fuel ratio and kept the Torque around where it was before as I was more than happy with it before. He did comment it had more torque and power to go but as I was not chasing numbers to leave it.

Very very happy on the drive home. I know these cars bread and butter is on the twistys etc but these Megan's are pretty quick in a straight line also. Upset quote a few German cars on the way home to say the least :smile:

Things look like I might have to start to advertise it end of November time but u till then it's got it's Winter full detail prep to be done.

IMG_20181021_100134.jpg IMG_20181021_100140.jpg IMG_20181021_100149.jpg

Canky likes this.
  17. If you were thinking about stripping I might be interested in a few bits, intercooler etc! Let me know a bit closer to the time if you do feel like swapping bits over.

18. I won't be stripping the car.

I will be selling it as it is. When the time comes to sell.

Si271 likes this.