FRP Lightweight Bonnets

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Mattpitcher, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hi all, I am in talks with a well known motorsport panel manufacturer called CCF, who already make FRP lightweight panels for the Megane 3 but dont yet make a bonnet. They currently offer a FRP bootlid and doors and I have offered them my bonnet from my 250 for tooling for a new line of FRP lightweigh bonnets. I personally dont have the £2000 for the carbon bonnet that is currently on the market, so this option is a great alternative. The work these guys do is incredible. I know others on here who have had bits from CCF and I myself already have their FRP bootlid and the quality is second to none. They already manufacture for other motorsport companies so thier quality is very well documented.

The reason for my post, is that to get the bonnet’s made, I am having 3 bonnets made and will be selling the other 2. Price will be around £250 which is the cost that I will be incurring. I’m not interested in making any money on these, I simply want to get a bonnet done for my own car and need two more orders to get this done. If you are interested, please let me know. I will require a deposit as we wont have time for dreamers down to the fact that once we pull the trigger on these, they will go into manufacture.

2. Could be interested if you have any spec on weight saving on it. Are you getting them vented at all to help with heat extraction from the engine bay?

3. The standard bonnet was weighed when i dropped it off and was 18kgs. The FRP bonnet will be maximum of 4kgs so a saving of around 14kgs.

There is no plan to vent them. They will literally be a cooy of the standard bonnet molding.

4. cool sign me up